This Job Might Be Too Big for Willie (1 Viewer)

Why do we even Borrego on the coaching staff if you won't get rid of Willie?

At this point, I just believe the organization just doesn't want to pay for coaches to sit at home.

The excuses to not get rid of Pete tanked our season.

I'm beginning to lean toward the side of letting Willie go. But I will say that I feel the talent on this team on this team is sub par. Neither Larry or JV is as athletic and active as the evolution of the position dictates. And they really need a tough minded guard or two. They don't stand out as passers, defenders, shooters or even pick setters/pick and roll options. Also, the team's perimeter shooting is wildly inconsistent, and when they go cold, they all go cold, even with semi-open to wide open shots. I mean if the team is getting open looks, but are cold shooting, that's not really a coaching problem....I think. My problem with Willie are his lineups/rotations, repeated turnover problems and defensive lapses. Turnovers and defensive breakdowns could be player issues too, but when they repeatedly occur, I'm thinking coaching.

God can we have the nfl draft to keep yall off the pelicans board? I'm kidding but yeeeeesh

A coaching change should be considered.
The game where Willie sat out with the flu and Borrego took over was probably the best I've ever seen this offense look. That game showed us the potential that this team has, and it has never looked like that under Willie. Small sample size, but that game was amazing.

Borrego plays his shooters. Hawk had 25 points this game.

I'm beginning to lean toward the side of letting Willie go. But I will say that I feel the talent on this team on this team is sub par. Neither Larry or JV is as athletic and active as the evolution of the position dictates. And they really need a tough minded guard or two. They don't stand out as passers, defenders, shooters or even pick setters/pick and roll options. Also, the team's perimeter shooting is wildly inconsistent, and when they go cold, they all go cold, even with semi-open to wide open shots. I mean if the team is getting open looks, but are cold shooting, that's not really a coaching problem....I think. My problem with Willie are his lineups/rotations, repeated turnover problems and defensive lapses. Turnovers and defensive breakdowns could be player issues too, but when they repeatedly occur, I'm thinking coaching.
I am not sure what it is... but no other NBA team has such a disparity in home record versus road record, with the home record being FAR WORSE. There is no way in hades that should happen. The NBA has a built-in home advantage (the arena layout) that no other major sport, except possibly ice hockey, has.

I am not sure what it is... but no other NBA team has such a disparity in home record versus road record, with the home record being FAR WORSE. There is no way in hades that should happen. The NBA has a built-in home advantage (the arena layout) that no other major sport, except possibly ice hockey, has.
It's obviously a New Orleans thing. Saints' home record hasn't been much to talk about either considering the earlier years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom