So Where Is This Franchise? (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I need to preface my comments. When I write on the Saints Forum, I write with confidence (though I still may be wrong) because I have followed closely and have watched the team and the game over decades. With Pelicans, I watch stretches of games of television and hear the chatter on talk radio as I receive one email after another the Pelicans tickets office about buying a ticket package.

After the recent collapse, where is this team? Indeed, where is this organization?

For some time, I have wondered in order of importance about the team's identity, about its emotional toughness against the top teams, and about Willie Green's ability to effectively use the many player he has.

I think now the questions have to be asked:

1. In terms of identity, what type of team are the Pelicans trying to build? At this time, it seems we have a buffet line of assets.

2. Regarding players, this franchise can no longer stand pat. It will have to make major moves after this season. And a question is what star player does it build around. Ingram is very good but not elite.

3. Has Willie Green hit his ceiling as a coach?

I need to preface my comments. When I write on the Saints Forum, I write with confidence (though I still may be wrong) because I have followed closely and have watched the team and the game over decades. With Pelicans, I watch stretches of games of television and hear the chatter on talk radio as I receive one email after another the Pelicans tickets office about buying a ticket package.

After the recent collapse, where is this team? Indeed, where is this organization?

For some time, I have wondered in order of importance about the team's identity, about its emotional toughness against the top teams, and about Willie Green's ability to effectively use the many player he has.

1. In terms of identity, what type of team are the Pelicans trying to build? At this time, it seems we have a buffet line of assets.

2. Regarding players, this franchise can no longer stand pat. It will have to make major moves after this season. And a question is what star player does it build around. Ingram is very good but not elite.

If Green is going to be fired, last night should be exhibit A why.

Can’t figure a lineup out. Either pound Jonas inside or have JRE play 36 minutes.

When your star player takes a tackle that gets a 15 yard personal foul in the NFL, you as a coach have to react. He should have been in the showers at halftime after being T’eed up defending Z.

Whoever thought CJ can guard 6’9”+ guys in the key needs a resume writer.

I’m indifferent on Green staying or going, but I think he’s lost this team.

It's a perfect mixture of everything (not good) which has lead us here. Question 1 is the front office's fault. You can't play the wait and see game in the NBA. Don't get me wrong, its not their fault for injuries, but after this season decide on what you are going to do. If this is the Zion we get moving forward, build this team around him with some shooters. I love BI but he is not elite, we probably should have traded him a season ago for some good value. Look what happened to the Kings, they did nothing and regressed. I wouldn't be mad if Willie was let go.

I think Willie won't be extended when his contract is up, but I don't see a firing happening.

I think Willie won't be extended when his contract is up, but I don't see a firing happening.
Out of curiosity, when does it expire? After this season or 1...2....more seasons?

Out of curiosity, when does it expire? After this season or 1...2....more seasons?
He originally signed a 3 year deal, but I keep hearing he got a +1 gtd for making the playoffs in year 1 as part of that deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom