Screenshot of Lattimore Liking a BR Post that the Texas Will Trade for Him (3 Viewers)

Based on his cap hit I'll take a 3rd from this years draft or next years the minute it is offered, tell the team offering it to send a fax or email with the offer, sign it and send it to the league office to lock it down.

I don't know if your suggesting the Saints take a 2024 draft pick or a 2026 pick. Either is beyond absurd.

If I’m a player and the choice is between playing for the Saints or Texans, give me the Texans. On the field I can’t think of a single reason why a player would choose this situation over the Texans.
Only a fool would choose this quagmire over CJ. CJ will prove to be best QB taken in last decade a la, Patty, Lamar, and Burrow. Panthers should have their franchise revoked.

Latt is a great player, but there are problems that don't appear like they are going to fix themselves and he is too expensive to keep around and have be unhappy. Especially since it seems like we are stuck with DA for the foreseeable future. Better to get whatever we can and start getting his cap number under control.

Sadly if he does get traded we won't get the value we should. Will be lucky to get a 3rd based on other moves that have been happening. A 3rd is the ceiling of what we'd get, I worry we wouldn't even get that.

I do think he will be traded and I certainly cannot blame him, but I sure wish he'd have a change of heart and want to stay and play for the Saints. Best corner we've ever had.
And a 3rd round compensatory is what you'll get if we hang on to him and let him go when he is a FA. I say keep him, you don't give away an All Pro.

And a 3rd round compensatory is what you'll get if we hang on to him and let him go when he is a FA. I say keep him, you don't give away an All Pro.
That won't be until after the 2026 season for a comp pick in 2027. Meanwhile the team has to pay him over $40M in salary, roster bonus, and option bonus. He will be over 30 by then and on the downside of his career so he won't get a high value deal with another team so at best the Saints will get a 6th round pick as a comp for him.

The Texans have made some good moves since getting rid of the predator which has given them some really good depth. Look for players who are being pushed out due to new additions (Metchie) or scheme change from a 4-3 to 3-4 on defense when Ryans took over.

I think Loomis would be happy to move him if he gets a decent offer, but wont dump him just for the sake of moving him. I've been a big Lattimore fan during his tenure, but if they can get an offer for a 2nd I'd take it. He's probably got a few good years left in him, but he's on the back half of his career, has had injury issues the last couple of years, and seems to be ready to move on.

DELETED POST

Lattimore still hasn't said he wants out. He liked a tweet which he clearly realized was a bad idea and that's why he took it down. If he wanted out or wanted to force his way out, he would have just left it up there.

As far as Allen, all that really matters is winning. If he can win games, get in the the playoffs, and become a contender in a few years losing players you want to keep won't be a problem. Winning cures everything. I don't tend to think Allen can do that, but at least he finally made a change on offense and if that change works out they could be ready to make a move up if they can draft better for the next few years. Or, it all falls apart and we start over which probably also leads to trading Lattimore.

But, if the Saints can get an offer of a 2nd for Lattimore after June 1, they probably should take it because it helps the cap and would give them another top 100 pick in the draft which they need to build the talent base. Lattimore is a guy you need if you are a real contender and this team isn't that and probably won't be that for 2 or 3 more years. By then Lattimore will be on the downhill side. Plus the defense played fine without him last year and they added Kool-Aid to the mix. Hopefully Kool-Aid can play the Slot and then you can have Adebo and Taylor on the outside. It's a bit of a down grade in talent but it's probably more than good enough at this point.

I'd keep him if it's anything less than that and then see where we are at the trade deadline this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom