Saints sign Chase Young to 1-year deal up to 13M (2.7M base, 1.86M signing, 450K workout, 7.99M total gameday roster bonus) (1 Viewer)

key phrase was “unless he balls out for 17+ games”.
"balls out" is where I was a bit confused as to what you are saying. He benefits from playing (more accurately, being on active roster). He also gets some portion of money guaranteed regardless as well as protection from being released.

"balls out" is where I was a bit confused as to what you are saying. He benefits from playing (more accurately, being on active roster). He also gets some portion of money guaranteed regardless as well as protection from being released.
If i understand correctly, he's protected but not entirely. He is protected depending on why he's released. He could be released and lose his guartantees if he doesn't show up, or misconduct. But if he does what he's supposed to, he'll get his money. He needs to play in games to get the $8 million for the 17 games.

And considering he's on a 1 year contract, he'll need to have a good season if he wants to get paid for a longer term contract with the Saints or another team next season.

I hope this isn't 1 of those deals like Spencer 7-8 years ago, though he is not as old as Spencer was.

That solves the fully guaranteed mystery, if we cut him we have to pay him the roster bonuses, if he makes the 53 he only earns them if he is active. Pretty high chance of earning the bonus unless he ends up on IR or PUP.
Yep. All in all, seems like the team covered their bases for the most part. The $13 million guaranteed claim before all this came out was a bit much, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom