Rebel Moon - New IP space opera coming this year (13 Viewers)

I told a friend of mine that it was Star Wars meets the Magnificent Seven. I didn't think the movie was terrible, but it could have been better. For me, the biggest annoyance was the slow-motion in the middle of the fight scenes. And there were a lot of them. ZS just needs to stop doing that. It worked in his earlier films, but not a film like this.

Just when you thought that "it couldn't be worse"....

Why would anyone be clamoring for a Director's Cut of anything that Snyder directs these days?

Just when you thought that "it couldn't be worse"....

Why would anyone be clamoring for a Director's Cut of anything that Snyder directs these days?

His whole DCEU experience established a vocal and diehard cult of personality around him. It's very weird because he's so relentlessly mediocre on even his best day.

I had hoped Part 2 would make Part 1 a little better. I was wrong. They both sucked twice as much now. A 3 yr old wrote the plot and dialogue. I became visibly angry half-way through Part 2.
Part 2 was so bad that it made Pt 1 watchable. I tried to make myself like Pt 1, so I watched it a few times. I won't be wasting anymore of my time watching Part 2 again. I have no need to watch wheat blowing in the wind...in slow motion!

My concern is that Snyder is setting back big budget new science fiction. I fear that, as usual, the big studios will say "people just don't want big budget science fiction with new stories" rather than "Maybe we should stop giving Zack Snyder money."

I didn’t think this was very good.

The slow motion farming scene felt 15 minutes long (and unnecessary) and it seemed like they realized that after 1 full movie already, we still didn’t know or feel anything for the characters.

I don’t know how else to explain the weird scene when they were sitting around the table and decided to each take 5 minutes to explain their personal backstories.

There were also a lot of unexplained relationships and friendships.

One thing I found weird about Rebel Moon altogether is that there’s apparently a supernatural element to the story’s universe. But the only time that supernatural element manifests in the plot is when they show the princess in Part 1. She’s onscreen for a minute in Part 2, and that’s it.

The existence of those kinds of powers in a created universe can’t just be glossed over like that. Many viewers were expecting a payoff in Part 2 regarding the princess. Instead, Snyder just dropped that character and her powers like a hot potato.

I don’t know how else to explain the weird scene when they were sitting around the table and decided to each take 5 minutes to explain their personal backstories.

There were also a lot of unexplained relationships and friendships.
Or that 20 min gift giving ceremony by the villager girl. She gave an impassioned citation to every member of the party and she has never met any of them nor would she have any idea of any of their accomplishments!

Or that 20 min gift giving ceremony by the villager girl. She gave an impassioned citation to every member of the party and she has never met any of them nor would she have any idea of any of their accomplishments!
Haha. Yeah, that was wild.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom