Randy Mueller is Back (2 Viewers)

Rick is a smart guy. He was one of the evaluators who identified McCarthy as a top-flight QB early in the process.

It isn't just Mueller. I think a lot of people would be absolutely shocked if they had access to the actual teams' draft boards. Minds would be blown.

And there's the McCarthy thing.

But you are right, the draft boards across the league are so dramatically different. There are consensus on some players -- usually most guys at the top -- but then you see so many differences after 7-8 guys. And the other thing that would shock folks is the small number of guys that teams rate as a first rounders, second rounders, and so on and so forth. In this draft, for the Saints, you might have all of 16 or 17 guys.

And there's the McCarthy thing.

But you are right, the draft boards across the league are so dramatically different. There are consensus on some players -- usually most guys at the top -- but then you see so many differences after 7-8 guys. And the other thing that would shock folks is the small number of guys that teams rate as a first rounders, second rounders, and so on and so forth. In this draft, for the Saints, you might have all of 16 or 17 guys.

you-know-ball-magic-you-know-ball.gif

That was Bill Kuharich, under extreme pressure from Mike Ditka.

I believe Mueller was in Seattle at that time.
Your right. for some reason I thought that was during the Mueller era. I guess I should've done my homework on that. I removed my post. I guess I still have a bad taste in my mouth for all things Saints failures..

Super

It isn't just Mueller. I think a lot of people would be absolutely shocked if they had access to the actual teams' draft boards. Minds would be blown.

Super interesting about Roger Rosengarten. He's projected to be a late 2nd round/early 3rd round guy. If Mickey listens to Randy, We could be targeting him for 45, or even packing some of the 5th rounders together to get a late second rounder or early third, or we could trade back a few spots from 14 to pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder to target Roger Rosengarten. That would get us a highly valued OT and give us the option to go BPA in first and second rounds.

He turned the ditka saints into a solid team by landing vets. I dont think he last much longer

Super

Super interesting about Roger Rosengarten. He's projected to be a late 2nd round/early 3rd round guy. If Mickey listens to Randy, We could be targeting him for 45, or even packing some of the 5th rounders together to get a late second rounder or early third, or we could trade back a few spots from 14 to pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder to target Roger Rosengarten. That would get us a highly valued OT and give us the option to go BPA in first and second rounds.

Yep. Really interesting. I recall people talking about the bookend Tackles at Washington during the season and how they had the best pair of OTs in the country but one the draft process started you only really heard about Fautanu.

The NFL profile on Rosengarten seems to be that he is physically limited in terms of quickness and would probably be better off at Guard in the NFL and then others say he has great foot quickness and movement. So, who really knows?

Yep. Really interesting. I recall people talking about the bookend Tackles at Washington during the season and how they had the best pair of OTs in the country but one the draft process started you only really heard about Fautanu.

The NFL profile on Rosengarten seems to be that he is physically limited in terms of quickness and would probably be better off at Guard in the NFL and then others say he has great foot quickness and movement. So, who really knows?

Replying to my own post but, his athletic profile seems to fit what the Saints have always liked and what the new scheme likely needs. Obviously he has to put this on the field, but it looks like he would be a good get from the athletic profile point of view if we can get him in the 3rd or later. They might even look at him in the 2nd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom