Pretentious Baby Names (1 Viewer)

Is that something anyone has ever said to a pregnant woman? "Your baby seems cozy in your belly?"

Much less multiple people saying the same odd comment to the same woman?

Noticed she keeps wiping at tears you can't see
=========================================================

Influencer Liana Jade has shared her emotional response to fellow YouTubers who recently made fun of uncommon baby names.

Jade and her partner, Connor Darlington, have more than two million subscribers on YouTube, where they frequently post videos about their relationship and family. In July, the pair announced the arrival of their son, Koazy, whose name is pronounced like “Cosy”.

In a recent video posted to her TikTok, Jade addressed some of the backlash that she’s faced over he son’s name, and called out YouTubers Matt and Abby for a recent episode of The Unplanned Podcast, where they discussed baby names.

“No hate but you might have seen that the couple Matt and Abby,” she said, with tears in her eyes. “They were talking about people naming their kids new, original names…They were saying how ridiculous some of these new, unique names were.”

While the couple didn’t specifically mention the name Koazy, Abby did claim in their video that some of the baby names “that are out there nowadays” kind of “bug her,” which Matt agreed with. Abby also claimed that giving a child a name that hasn’t been used before “might not be the flex that [people] think it is” and could be “a red flag”.

In her TikTok video, Jade went on tearfully address how her child’s name came to be.

“Basically, our baby is called Koazy, and I know it’s not everybody’s cup of tea,” Jade explained. “But people have kind of pulled our context that we called him Koazy because he was cosy in the womb. No, it was a name we already had.”

The influencer acknowledged that the name felt even more fitting during her pregnancy, explaining: “As I was getting so hefty pregnant, people were saying: ‘Oh he’s cosy in your belly.’ And it kind of confirmed to us that’s what we should name him. Because we already had that name and people were saying it.”

After noting that it felt like her son’s name was “meant to be,” she also acknowledged that she “wasn’t trying to name him anything for a flex”. She then shared that when viewers in the comments of Matt and Abby’s video “ripped at” her baby’s name, it “really upset” her...............

Well, the podcast couple have a valid point.....who wants a lawyer representing them named Koazy Darrington?

…..In a follow-up tweet to a fan account, Grimes then confirmed that her daughter’s name had been changed, and she was now going by just Y (pronounced “why”).

“She’s Y now, or ‘Why?’ or just ‘?’ (But the government won’t recognise that),” the scuriosity, the eternal question, .. and such.”

Grimes has ran into trouble with the government recognising her children’s names in the past. X’s full name was originally X Æ A-12, but the name reportedly violated California naming laws, so the number was changed to an “Xii”……

…..In a follow-up tweet to a fan account, Grimes then confirmed that her daughter’s name had been changed, and she was now going by just Y (pronounced “why”).

“She’s Y now, or ‘Why?’ or just ‘?’ (But the government won’t recognise that),” the scuriosity, the eternal question, .. and such.”

Grimes has ran into trouble with the government recognising her children’s names in the past. X’s full name was originally X Æ A-12, but the name reportedly violated California naming laws, so the number was changed to an “Xii”……

I feel that her and Musk really fit together...

There are names I won't say out loud here that really drive me up the wall, because they basically tell the kid "You have no chance of ever running for President or being a big time CEO of a company that anyone will take seriously."

I am all for unique, but don't do it to the point where the kid is defined by their odd name rather than who they are, or worse yet, a name that would form an imediate negative impression of who they are based on stereotypes.

It's sad that our society and culture operates this way, but that doesn't mean you should overlook and subvert that by doing it anyway.

There are names I won't say out loud here that really drive me up the wall, because they basically tell the kid "You have no chance of ever running for President or being a big time CEO of a company that anyone will take seriously."

I am all for unique, but don't do it to the point where the kid is defined by their odd name rather than who they are, or worse yet, a name that would form an imediate negative impression of who they are based on stereotypes.

It's sad that our society and culture operates this way, but that doesn't mean you should overlook and subvert that by doing it anyway.
I was watching murder investigation shows today & the detectives went to talk to a guy who was named as possibly knowing who the suspect was. His name was Excel. The cops were like “is that his street name?” He’s all “no, that’s his real name. His street name is Trippy”

I wondered if Excel was his middle name and his first was actually Microsoft.

it's the tattoo argument 20 years later - 'if you get visible tattoos, no one will hire you'
which turned out largely to be pearl clutching (save for nazi face tattoos and the like)
most people will adjust, some won't

Depends on who's hiring. Visible tattoos is still going to result in some closed doors - but its probably a high degree of self-selection going on there too

Depends on who's hiring. Visible tattoos is still going to result in some closed doors - but its probably a high degree of self-selection going on there too
My mother in law is like that. For some reason she hates it when she sees someone in a professinal setting with visible tattoos. Her best answer is its unprofessional.. I dunno, doesn't make sense to me..

(she spent the last 20 years as an Executive VP of the company she worked for for 35 years)

My mother in law is like that. For some reason she hates it when she sees someone in a professinal setting with visible tattoos. Her best answer is its unprofessional.. I dunno, doesn't make sense to me..

(she spent the last 20 years as an Executive VP of the company she worked for for 35 years)
there was a long time where if you were completely tatted up your job involved a name tag or 'in the back' out of sight of customers

times have changed

Last time I was in the bank the teller had a full chest and neck tattoo

It was a woman

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom