Police Shootings / Possible Abuse Threads [merged] (4 Viewers)

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) — Mona Hardin has been waiting five long years for any resolution to the federal investigation into her son’s deadly arrest by Louisiana State Police troopers, an anguish only compounded by the fact that nearly every other major civil rights case during that time has passed her by.

It took just months for Tyre Nichols ’ beating death last year to result in federal charges against five Memphis police officers. A half-dozen white lawmen in Mississippi have been federally sentenced in last year’s torture of two Black suspects. And federal prosecutors long ago brought swift charges in the slayings of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia and Breonna Taylor in Kentucky.

Every one of those cases happened months or years after the death of Ronald Greene in northern Louisiana on May 10, 2019, which sparked national outrage after The Associated Press published long-suppressed body-camera video showing white troopers converging on the Black motorist before stunning, beating and dragging him as he wailed, “I’m scared!”

Yet half a decade after Greene’s violent death, the federal investigation remains open and unresolved with no end in sight. And Hardin says she feels ghosted and forgotten by a Justice Department that no longer even returns her calls.

“Where’s Ronald Greene’s justice?” asked Hardin, who refuses to bury her son’s cremated remains until she gets some measure of accountability. “I still have my boy in that urn, and that hurts me more than anything. We haven’t grieved the loss of Ronnie because we’ve been in battle.”…..

PSA: Please remember that gun laws in this country are not applicable to all of its citizens!

My brother in law worked with this airman at Hurlbert Field. AF special ops is a tight community. This is insane what our country allows. They can’t spin this or bring up past records. One of the best our country has to offer and he was gunned down by 5.0.

TIL that the the Sherriff Department that brought you this:

are also responsible for this:

At least he asked the Airman to drop the gun AFTER he murdered him!

The Sheriff mentions that the Deputy announced himself and he went out of his way to say that the deputy did not cover the peep-hole.

What he did not address that the deputy purposefully avoided being visually ID'd by the resident by stepping away from the door.

It’s kinda tricky the issue about stepping away from the door. We are taught not to stand in the “fatal funnel” when knocking on a door. All that aside, this deputy needs to be charged and jailed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom