Playoff Gm 3 - #1 Oklahoma City Thunder @ #8 New Orleans Pelicans at 2:30 on TNT. When the Levee Breaks; This is our last call to ball. (1 Viewer)

I hope this wake up the FO that being a defensive minded team is really dumb in 2024. You can achieve those things by simply being athletic.

Clearly a foul. He pushed off with his off arm AND HE STILL MISSED THE DUNK!!! :biglol:
I hear you. Moments before not one but two players were all over Murphy and there was no call.

I don't know much about basketball so maybe I just don't understand. I just don't get the the disparity that seems obvious.

Sadly, this team is not built for the playoffs. The turnovers and fundamental mistakes that we saw all throughout the regular season are now magnified in the playoffs. We look like world beaters during the regular season when there is spacing, but if there is the slightest bit of defensive pressure we fall apart completely on both sides of the ball.

Sadly, this team is not built for the playoffs. The turnovers and fundamental mistakes that we saw all throughout the regular season are now magnified in the playoffs. We look like world beaters during the regular season when there is spacing, but if there is the slightest bit of defensive pressure we fall apart completely on both sides of the ball.
We need a cultural reset in the worse way possible. This whole " We are a Family"coddling by Green and Griff got to change. Being players best friends and enabling terrible habits that never gets corrected.

I hope this wake up the FO that being a defensive minded team is really dumb in 2024. You can achieve those things by simply being athletic.
Not sure I totally agree. You can't have guys that are one-way offense and not even providing that. Jonas is expiring, so we hope for an upgrade there. Ingram isn't able to carry us like he might against other teams/matchups. CJ is wasting minutes, opportunities and cap space. He and Larry really need to go.

Anyway, back to the original thought, if you just replaced CJ with Dyson, the shooting couldn't be worse, and certainly wouldn't be on volume. Then your defense would improve pretty dramatically also.

Honestly this team has been going out sad for a while now. They've failed to score more than 115 points in 16 of their last 17 games. About to be 17 of last 18. What was Borrego brought here to do besides try to get them to chuck more 3s? There's more to running a successful offense than that.

Funny how OKC willing to go 9 or 10 deep in the playoffs but Hawk hasn't legitimately seen the floor in ages. An offensive player can't see the floor for a team that cannot score.

CJ 4-13 and FIVE (5) turnovers! He's taken 4 more shots than any other player.

Nance is terrible. Single-handed responsible for two straight turnovers. Bench him please.

Wasn't going to watch to maybe flip the superstition.

Didn't matter. We put up a whole 19 pts on the first, at home, in a must win game.

Nuff for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom