Peter Frampton: 55 million streams and I got paid $1700 (10 Viewers)

As a Swede living in the U.S. Would you mind sharing what band it was? I know there are lot of semi unknown Swedish heavy metal bands touring around the world.

Dark Tranquillity. One of the top 5 concerts I've ever been to. The stuff they did in the early 2000s...Projector, Haven, Damage Done and Character is what turned me on to that kind of music. I still love all their stuff, it's brilliant.

Never seen them, but have heard of them. Saw some of my friends from high school play here in New Orleans a few years ago - Graveyard. Really good, even though it's a different genre.

Going to see Metallica in January. Can't wait.

How much does he get from used album sales on Amazon?
Ha. Yeah, here's how I think, at this point -- because we're both old -- I've bought Frampton on vinyl, cassette tape, and CD. Now I'm supposed to pay for digital, too?

A Music Industry Peace Treaty Passes Unanimously Through Congress

"It is the most important piece of legislation in a generation to help make sure songwriters in our country are paid and are paid a fair market value for their work," Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander asserted on the floor of Congress following the bill's passage. The bill is essentially a music business peace treaty, designed to fix some very longstanding issues within it. It's the result of years of slow-moving compromise between tech companies like Spotify that rely on music (and wish to pay as little as possible for the privilege), entrenched music industry interests from major and independent labels to publishers and performance rights organizations, artists (who wish to get paid as much as possible from companies like Spotify) and the organizations that advocate for them.

Only read the title of the thread. Is this related?

He wouldn't be making that much from actual record sales either. Musicians who are not A+ level currently, for the most part, don't make any money unless they go out on tour and tour consistently.

I went to a concert for a certain very influential heavy metal band from Sweden and got backstage meet-and-greet package and got to talking with these dudes, after they get done with their tour they go back home and get crap jobs because they can't live on their record sales. Now these guys aren't the biggest act in the world by far, but they've been around 25 years and have a lot of clout artistically speaking. You wouldn't think they would have to go home and work in a grocery store to make ends meet.

This right here.
You'd be amazed at how many "big" artist do this exact same thing.
The millionaire "rockstar" fantasy is just that...a fantasy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom