Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (87 Viewers)

If Priest can't turn it around on the mic, then Drew should definitely be Champ.
Only problem is it seems they're setting the stage for Jey to be the face of Raw with the WHC. Cody basically anointed him last week.

Only problem is it seems they're setting the stage for Jey to be the face of Raw with the WHC. Cody basically anointed him last week.
Could be. I'm curious to see if the draft changes that dynamic. They've been somewhat safe with the tip of the main roster when it comes to the draft in recent years, so maybe not.

I like Jey, but I can't stand the Yeet thing, it's just like people saying what. If he didn't bait people into saying it would they respond at all?

Last edited:
I like Jey, but I can't stand the Yeet thing, it's just like people saying what. If he didn't Bair people into saying it would they respond at all?
I enjoyed the yeet thing, but it's getting a little stale. Gotta switch it up now.

I do think the whole yeet thing really got legs because of the copyright dispute when he started using it and he's run with it since.

Regardless, I've enjoyed Jey's run as a face. Could be we see a change with Jimmy with Solo basically going off on Jimmy.

Could be we see a change with Jimmy with Solo basically going off on Jimmy.
Don't want Jimmy anywhere near Jey right now, especially if the plan is for him to have a singles title run. I could see Jimmy targeting Solo and/or Tonga with perhaps a temporary team-up to take them both on. The one caveat we're not accounting however is what they do with Jacob when he debuts. He has cousins on both sides of the line.

Don't want Jimmy anywhere near Jey right now, especially if the plan is for him to have a singles title run. I could see Jimmy targeting Solo and/or Tonga with perhaps a temporary team-up to take them both on. The one caveat we're not accounting however is what they do with Jacob when he debuts. He has cousins on both sides of the line.
Fair points.

Rumor has it Jacob might debut this week

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
I am probably in the minority, but I'm still not 100% there on Jey as a singles competitor. At least not holding anything above a mid-card title yet. He's super over, but this feels close to L.A. Knight where there will be a cooling period. Diminishing attention spans and all that

But I think this is sort of emblematic of the issue with the long title reigns they are favoring now. They have created a bottleneck of guys that legitimately deserve a run, but inevitably won't get one. I definitely don't see Priest having a long run, regardless.

I would say this is an issue for the women as well, but that battle royal felt pretty light on the star power. There were only two (maybe 3) that had any real shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom