New Orleans Pelicans(26-21) @ Houston Rockets (22-24) at 7pm. Willie Green Financial - Where we always give good credit! (1 Viewer)

is anyone else like me where its getting harder to watch the Pels have to PLAY thru fouls while opponents dont?

It was insanely difficult to watch the game last night and the clear fouls the Rockets were committing, yet no whistles. Then the ball on other end...whistle.

I remember a close up of Trey walking off court, after a call, and you could clearly see that the officiating was bugging him. Ingram, who is normally VERY low-key, was more verbal last night with officials than i had seen in some time.

is anyone else like me where its getting harder to watch the Pels have to PLAY thru fouls while opponents dont?

It was insanely difficult to watch the game last night and the clear fouls the Rockets were committing, yet no whistles. Then the ball on other end...whistle.

I remember a close up of Trey walking off court, after a call, and you could clearly see that the officiating was bugging him. Ingram, who is normally VERY low-key, was more verbal last night with officials than i had seen in some time.
Well, it's certainly not getting any easier waiting for a "page to turn" on many levels. I am mos def new to watching NBA on any kind of scale; but I am kind of getting the picture of it being a, 'No, son, you haven't EARNED the right to get that foul called' league perhaps even a bit more than the NFL is. (Has anyone usurped Tom Brady in the "Ref, where's the penalty flag" and gets it camp? Maybe Mahomes).

And the NFL doesn't have the flops that the NBA has. I see WAY too many guys acting like they just got KO'd by Tyson when someone's hand comes within one foot of their face. It's disgusting. I don't have the love of basketball like I do football (not sure why one and not the other) and it's really hard to engender it watching it these days, IMLO (L for limited .. or low. Whichever).

It's why having a head coach with some guts to hold his ground and get a tech is important.

While it's certainly aggravating that the Pels seem to be getting the bulk of the lousy calls (or no-calls) going against them, I can't help but to feel that we could have overcome about half of our losses if we had just slightly better shooting percentages and free throw stats. And since bad calls ain't going away anytime soon, we just need our shooters to show up locked & loaded every game. It's really one of the few things we can control.

While it's certainly aggravating that the Pels seem to be getting the bulk of the lousy calls (or no-calls) going against them, I can't help but to feel that we could have overcome about half of our losses if we had just a slightly better shooting percentage and free throw stats. And since bad calls ain't going away anytime soon, we just need our shooters to show up locked & loaded every game. It's really one of the few things we can control.
free throws for sure

free throws for sure
Which is why I hated the Roster construction focusing on being a paint team.

If this team was LA and got 200+ FT disparity... I would get behind it, but we really have to maximize making shots.

Not like we make FTs anyway.

Well, it's certainly not getting any easier waiting for a "page to turn" on many levels. I am mos def new to watching NBA on any kind of scale; but I am kind of getting the picture of it being a, 'No, son, you haven't EARNED the right to get that foul called' league perhaps even a bit more than the NFL is. (Has anyone usurped Tom Brady in the "Ref, where's the penalty flag" and gets it camp? Maybe Mahomes).

And the NFL doesn't have the flops that the NBA has. I see WAY too many guys acting like they just got KO'd by Tyson when someone's hand comes within one foot of their face. It's disgusting. I don't have the love of basketball like I do football (not sure why one and not the other) and it's really hard to engender it watching it these days, IMLO (L for limited .. or low. Whichever).
I swear if the flop and gets any worse, they’re going to turn into professional soccer players

I'm only half joking when I say this, but we need to bring in an acting coach to teach our players to sell legitimate fouls

I'm only half joking when I say this, but we need to bring in an acting coach to teach our players to sell legitimate fouls
Joking or not, completely agree, in this league you have to flop and make your FTs. We do a terrible job at both.

Just thinking of Thunder game when Shai throw an obvious shoulder at Jonas on a score, no flop no foul, literally next play BI does the same thing but weaker, and Dort acts he’s taken a shotgun to the chest, foul. Willie is on the sideline losing his mind. Happens every game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom