National Hockey League '23 - '24 (8 Viewers)

Tonight I am spoiled in the sense that I can bounce between two NHL games on TV. One channel has the Blackhawks at the Islanders. The other channel has the Penguins at the Devils. As the Blackhawks game approached the 1st Intermission I switched to the Penguins- Devils game and they were just starting the 2nd Period.

Pens have beaten the Rangers and Devils over the past two nights. Still probably won’t make the playoffs, but it is a mildly satisfying way to close out the season.

:giggle:

Last edited:
Devils at Rangers on TNT. Just starting as I post this. A mere 2 seconds ticked off the clock and players dropped their gloves to fight.

Yes. Just before the opening of the 1st period the TNT broadcast team was saying these 2 teams enter this game "with bad blood between them"...........btw the game is tied at 2 midway through the 2nd period.
It’s Rangers and Devils, no sheet Sherlock there’s bad blood between them

Curious as to why the goalies didn’t get in on it. Was one/both teams backups sick or nursing an injury? If they were potentially down to their EBUGs, I’ll give ‘em a pass.

Curious as to why the goalies didn’t get in on it. Was one/both teams backups sick or nursing an injury? If they were potentially down to their EBUGs, I’ll give ‘em a pass.

Your Pens look great. If I had to lay a dollar, I'd pick them getting in over Pha, Det or Wash.

The standings are crazy…

NYI - 85 (5 left) in third place in the Metro.
Then for the second wild card in the East…
DET - 84 (5 left)
PIT - 83 (5 left)
WSH - 83 (5 left)
PHI - 83 (4 left)
NJ - 79 (4 left)
BUF - 79 (4 left)

I never remember such a close race with a week and a half to go. Penguins have a tough schedule with Toronto, Boston and Nashville (all playoff teams) but then they also have games against Detroit (at home) and finish with the Islanders (on the road). Let’s go Pens!

Hearing/reading grumblings that the Coyotes are pursuing plans to sell to a potential ownership group in Utah (SLC area). But, also reading that current Arizona ownership will be bumped to front of the list for an expansion franchise to replace the ‘Yotes with an expansion team if the Coyotes leave, provided they figure out an arena lease in AZ. WTH?

Seems like Pretzel Logic to me.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom