National Hockey League '23 - '24 (2 Viewers)

What does he know? Dude can’t even figure out how to regrow hair.

But, have to admit, he was pretty good during his time with Edmonton.

IMG_3234.jpeg

:run:

Last edited:
Canes have to take this game tonight! #CauseChaos

So for sheets and giggles I looked up ticket prices. In Dallas, most expensive $230

Same section in MSG, $2000.
Due to inflation and honestly, considering MSG is seen and regarded as a legendary, first-rate arena facility that has multiple lifetimes worth of musical, sports, political events and memorable moments in its 57-year current incarnation at its location (as longtime New Yorkers know, their have been 3 MSG-buildings throughout its century-long existence, current arena opened in IIRC, 1966-67.) Due to all these variables and its iconic history plus added on to inflation and cost of living in NYC and Northeast in general, tickets like these are going to be a lot more expensive and pricey.

With the win, Rangers tie franchise record with the 1994 team with 7 straight wins to start the playoffs
30 years later, I think any reasonable sports historian in general has to view the 1993-94 Stanley Cup-winning New York Rangers victory was one of NYC's most iconic, memorable, beloved franchise title win in 20th century NYC's history, maybe all-time. The interesting thing that some younger fans don't know or realize is just how much of a mental, physical long and drawn-out grind of a 7-game series it was those Rangers out-lasting those fierce, fiesty Canucks who wouldn't be beaten or go away easy and for the first of two times over the next 20 years, Canucks fans and city of Vancouver would go on full, riot lockdown mode as irate fans seemingly destroyed parts of the downtown area after the Stanley Cup Finals were over. Plus, the 2011 Vancouver Stanley Cup riots would give us one of the most iconic social media shots ever of a ypung guy kissing or gently giving a young, attractive woman who had passed out CPR. Nearly 15 years later, both people caught up and memorialized in this iconic photo are married with kids and IIRC, live in Australia.

In terms, though, of true NHL championship dominance, nothing in my mind will ever top the 1980-84 New York Islanders winning four consecutive Stanley Cups. Those early 80's Islanders teams whenever April came along, they were next to unbeatable.

I am out of my home state of NJ and my wife and I are spending a 3 day weekend with our daughter who graduated from Liberty U in Lynchburg VA yesterday. I have not been watching hockey...AND....because she is getting married one week from today....married here in Lynchburg VA on Sat. May 18th....because of that I'll not be watching hockey in the near future either. Take care for now everyone. I'm hoping my NY Rangers and my other pick the Dallas Stars make it to the finals so when all my family stuff is over and I start watching hockey again I'll feel excited about my prediction coming true? LOL
Anyway, enjoy the playoffs and I'll be back again when life permits it!
Steve

Attachments

• 20240510_204904.jpg
    20240510_204904.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240510_202431.jpg
    20240510_202431.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 0
I am out of my home state of NJ and my wife and I are spending a 3 day weekend with our daughter who graduated from Liberty U in Lynchburg VA yesterday. I have not been watching hockey...AND....because she is getting married one week from today....married here in Lynchburg VA on Sat. May 18th....because of that I'll not be watching hockey in the near future either. Take care for now everyone. I'm hoping my NY Rangers and my other pick the Dallas Stars make it to the finals so when all my family stuff is over and I start watching hockey again I'll feel excited about my prediction coming true? LOL
Steve
Congratulations to you and your daughter, I’ll hold down the fort here while you’re gone lol

Rangers go for the sweep tonight. I personally don’t think it happens because Carolina is going to throw everything and anything at Igor

Now if they do win it will set a franchise and NHL record for a President’s Trophy winner to go 8-0 the first two rounds of the playoffs

Congratulations to you and your daughter, I’ll hold down the fort here while you’re gone lol
Thanks for the congratulations and thanks for holding down the fort.
I am in the hotel and my wife is showering so at the moment I have some time to kill.
Hey EE moderators...I used to be able to attach photos on my Samsung Galaxy 21 and then select "full image"...but now I can't get this platform to accept "full image". Is the problem on my end or did this platform do something different?

Steve
Congrats to your daughter and to your family. We’ll keep resurfacing the ice until you get back.

Well Rangers lost tonight, I didn’t see it but it looks like it was a good game. I had a feeling Hurricanes would win tonight. Let’s be real, NY wasn’t going to go 16-0 anyways. Hopefully this just makes them a better team and they close it out in 5

hopefully it goes 7 with them and the Canes kicking the sheet outta each other
don't want my Oilers playing anyone rested and healthy in the finals ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom