Microplastics and forever chemicals. (1 Viewer)

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This is actually been a subject we have been aware about for a while but it just falls out of the spotlight but it has been coming back recently. Especially with the recent study where they found microplastics in patients who have cardiovascular disease. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2309822

3 year old news story about micro plastics in coffee cups like the ones at Starbucks:

On the forever chemicals front, they have been found to be in everything from the clothing we wear to toothpastes and energy drinks and even water.

Prime is in the news because it has an egregious amount: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2024/04/23/prime-drink-lawsuit-update/73424197007/

I took a deep dive into DuPont and teflon.....the magic non-stick that coated every frying pan back in the day. "Deep Waters" is a movie based on the story. Basically, DuPont knew that the chemical they were producing was harmful, but teflon was their cash cow (similar to the big tobacco cover up). Took very determined folks to expose it all as the EPA looked the other way ($$$).

The settlements were a fraction of what the company made on the product, so their wrongdoing was still profitable. This stuff is happening somewhere right now if I had to guess. Without adequate consequences, these companies will continue to put profit over people. History of America, I guess.

I took a deep dive into DuPont and teflon.....the magic non-stick that coated every frying pan back in the day. "Deep Waters" is a movie based on the story. Basically, DuPont knew that the chemical they were producing was harmful, but teflon was their cash cow (similar to the big tobacco cover up). Took very determined folks to expose it all as the EPA looked the other way ($$$).

The settlements were a fraction of what the company made on the product, so their wrongdoing was still profitable. This stuff is happening somewhere right now if I had to guess. Without adequate consequences, these companies will continue to put profit over people. History of America, I guess.
It's no wonder our bodies are riddled with cancers and at younger ages than ever. It is being speculated that microplastics and forever chemicals have become the main driver of inflammation in our bodies, and that inflammation over years will lead to damaged mitochondria which leads to cancer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom