Jimmy Graham hints at retiring on Instagram: “Thank you N.O. for taking a chance on me.. I wish our time had been many more years..” on March 29 (1 Viewer)

SonOfNOLA

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wish Jimmy could’ve had more opportunities this past season to go out with a bigger bang. Its a crime how much coaches underused him in the redzone. But congrats to one of the all time Saints franchise greats on a successful career if this is it. It meant a lot for him to spend his final season in a Saints uniform. I hope to see his name enshrined into the pro football HOF within another decade or two.

Last edited:
Putting aside the entire situation of who is right and who is wrong on many levels about Sunday's end of game, even if Jimmy wasn't retiring by choice I think he knows he isn't going to be welcomed back on a 2024 Dennis Allen squad next year given his outgoing support of Winston, etc.

The answer to our early season TD woes was sitting on the bench the whole time... Glad he got to hear the Dome roar for him one last time.

i think thats the most glaring indictment of the current coaching issues.

its insane to me that these stats exist -

7 targets
6 catches
4tds

in 5 games - 3 Games in Dec 5 targets 5 catches 3 tds.

And he would sit the bench from Dec 17th on.

I have always assumed the coaches were trying to protect him because of his medical conditions but not using him knowing the sure answer to our red zones issue is sitting on the bench is downright inexcusable. Until the coaches come out and say the real reason for not using him, the coaches were incompetent with their decisions and most of them needs to be gone.

My greedy self hope he change his mind but I am happy for him and his other passion is just as important. Playing more will risk it especially after dealing what he experienced during training camp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom