Israel (2 Viewers)

"Never seen anything like this"? What did it look like when Palestinian civilians fled from Israeli attacks?

I see little reason to post Israeli propaganda - Israel has shown no issue in continually being the aggressor in every conflict and crying victim as soon as someone lashes against that aggression

You know I'm as lib as they come, and have certainly levied my fair share of criticism at Israel, but this might be wholesale slaughter of Israeli civilians. Regardless of past Israeli crimes, this is still terrorism.

Regardless of past Israeli crimes, this is still terrorism.
but they can't (shouldn't) be disregarded - there's no palestinian/hamas/et al reaction here without the context of israeli war crimes
if Israel does not want this happening to its citizens, there's a simple fix (not easy but simple)

and tbc i am NOT condoning these actions - i am talking about what a bad idea this is to frame this exclusively from the Israeli pov

but they can't (shouldn't) be disregarded - there's no palestinian/hamas/et al reaction here without the context of israeli war crimes
if Israel does not want this happening to its citizens, there's a simple fix (not easy but simple)

and tbc i am NOT condoning these actions - i am talking about what a bad idea this is to frame this exclusively from the Israeli pov

I don't think we're going to get additional context from Hamas that makes this feel like anything other than terrorism.

If we were talking a battle against military forces, it'd be one thing, but we're seeing civilians targeted from the jump.

It's not even like Russia/Ukraine, where there were eventually accusations of targeting civilians. This targeted civilians from the beginning. That's terrorism, full stop.

You wouldn't get 9/11 without various American involvements in the Middle East, but it's still 9/11.

I don't think we're going to get additional context from Hamas that makes this feel like anything other than terrorism.
the context being 'here are the 1000s of things the IDF have done against Palestinian civilians...here are israeli tanks rolling over palestinian houses...here are israeli citizens throwing rocks at palestinian school kids'

I see little reason to post Israeli propaganda - Israel has shown no issue in continually being the aggressor in every conflict and crying victim as soon as someone lashes against that aggression

Waking to a barrage of 3000 rockets fired by Hamas and Israel is the aggressor? It was rockets, fighters by boat, by car, by glider pouring into border towns and killing any one and everyone indiscriminately

Seriously?

It's a holy day in Israel and while I haven't read up or recent skirmishes, there certainly wasn't any Israeli incursion that precipitated this full scale attack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom