Home Office Printer/Scanner recommendations (1 Viewer)

I had many printers, but the Canon, All-in-one black and white laser printer has been my favorite. It prints and prints and prints. Only changed the toner cartridge once in like 4 years. If I have to print color, I will go the public library or Staples. It's very rare that I need to print color. Maybe once a year.

My favorite printer ever was LaserJet 4 that we had at an old job. Bulletproof printer that did its job well.

My favorite printer ever was LaserJet 4 that we had at an old job. Bulletproof printer that did its job well.

Nice. Printers at work always seem to give me trouble. I can totally relate to....

1588883973342.png

I called Cannon customer service support today to get my computer to recognize the scanner, took them five minutes to configure it. Probably the best tech support call I ever had. I was thinking it was gonna be a short call, if they were gonna ask for money. A four year old printer with tech support, that is amazing. Gonna stick with Cannon for awhile, even bought a new toner cartridge for whenever the old one runs out.

Just seeing this; my HP office jet crapped out a few weeks ago. Went to 3 stores, all the printers were sold out. Guy in Office Max said they could only get 2 or 3/ week.

A neighbor gave us an extra one so our kid could finish the school year. I’ll get a brother when the inventory catches up.

So finding a printer is interesting these days. Yikes. All the work and school from home people have changed the market dramatically.

I just bought the last printer available at best buy. Seriously, it was the only printer available for sale. It happened to fit my needs but I'm going to give it a day to consider whether to keep shopping. It's a canon g7020. The other one I had available to purchase was an epson 2760, actually on sale at costco. But there are two issues with that one that bother me. It doesn't have a feeder for scanning, which isn't a deal breaker. But the big thing is that it doesn't have an ethernet port at all, which seems odd. I'm apprehensive about wiring it to usb on my PC but having other devices connect to it wirelessly. It's easy enough to set up a printer via ethernet and have it available to anything on the network.

I'm still pro-Brother for printers. Our Epson network sheet-feed scanner has been excellent and does great with photos.
In the beginning Brother print drives were horrible, but within a year their drivers are exceptional. Epson is pretty good also. Hp meh not so much

Hey there! I know this post is a bit old, but I wanted to chime in with my two cents. I totally understand the frustration with a printer that doesn't work well and has a confusing interface. I've been there!
Have you considered looking into third-party printer cartridges? They can be a lot cheaper than the official ones and still work just as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom