Golden Bachelor (How about The Amazing Race?) (1 Viewer)

MALIBU, Calif. — Gerry Turner slipped on his tuxedo and hearing aids, then went out to meet the next love of his life.

Nancy, a 61-year-old interior designer, showed off her hearing aids: “I, too, wear a little ear candy.”

An elderly woman inched across the driveway using a walker. “Do you need help?” Gerry asked. Leslie tossed the walker, tearaway nightgown and gray wig to reveal a strapless mini dress: “Do I look like I need help?” teased the 64-year-old fitness instructor.

And Faith roared up on a motorcycle. “I’m proof you can live fast and not die young,” said the 61-year-old high school teacher. “If you leave here with me, it will be the ride of your life.”

And so began “The Golden Bachelor”: 22 women — ranging from 60 to 75 years old — vying for the love of the 72-year-old widower. ABC’s wildly popular dating franchise is having a senior moment, in the best sense of the term.

Gerry is tall, handsome and successful, which means that in real life he could be dating people three decades younger, but here the love interests are age-appropriate. TV shows centered on older women do pop up — “Grace and Frankie,” “And Just Like That …” — but can anyone remember one on a major network since

“The Golden Girls” debuted 38 years ago? (Back then, the show’s idea of “older” was women in their 50s, which three of the four main characters were.)……

Thank you for the full report, now I don’t have to watch it.
Watching the grass is grow is more riveting than witnessing fake people pretend to find the perfect soul mate in front of a TV camera.

They got hitched!!

My wife cried a few times while I just sat there and realised that my life is basically over.

I actually enjoyed most of the season, it's nice to see mature women with good senses of humour not acting bitchy or stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom