Fallout (Amazon TV series) (1 Viewer)

So, many people at work and my son has told me that we need to watch Fallout. My son played the game(s) and loved them. Admittedly, I was more than suspect about yet another video game inspired movie/show as too many have not been good nor reaped the rewards the producers so wanted them to. And I am not a gamer. Honestly, the whole first person games give me a headache for hours so that pretty much drops me from the video game realm.

I was so beyond wrong about this. LOVE this series! And more so, MY WIFE loves this show!! Walton Goggins is the best in this show as well. We have two more to go but I love it!
So the comparisons to TLOU are easy enough (post apocalyptic road show w zombie type creatures)
But TLOU was a fairly straightforward narrative and consistently (mostly) bleak tone
It already had a strong cinematic structure
What kind of amazes me about Fallout is how effortlessly it shifts tone
The Vault and Brotherhood are both farcical, but very different flavors of farce (like Tim Burton on one end and Stanley Kubrick on another)
Then you have The Ghoul starting as Gary Cooper and ending as Clint Eastwood
Then you have Lucy as a fairly standard reluctant genre hero

They way they’re able to weave all of that together is mesmerizing- and probably the first to really capture the mix of absurdity and pulse pounding stakes that many video games seem to play in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom