Elden Ring (1 Viewer)

@B4YOU I was way off, just checked and I played for 200 hours. Still a good bit of play tho.

I’m 25hrs in. It’s growing on me. It takes time to accept “this isn’t DS or BB”. I’m done playing completely blind. A couple top 10 early tips videos helped. Accepting that somethings are just meant to be done later is hard. That’s a very different design than previous games. Giving up on self-imposed rules like “zero summons” that worked for every FS game has made progression better. It’s ok to dump everything into vigor, tank the (re)learning curve, and just Uchigatana monsters. One day I will return with power stance axes and beat the tree sentinel and first stonesword boss.

I’m 25hrs in. It’s growing on me. It takes time to accept “this isn’t DS or BB”. I’m done playing completely blind. A couple top 10 early tips videos helped. Accepting that somethings are just meant to be done later is hard. That’s a very different design than previous games. Giving up on self-imposed rules like “zero summons” that worked for every FS game has made progression better. It’s ok to dump everything into vigor, tank the (re)learning curve, and just Uchigatana monsters. One day I will return with power stance axes and beat the tree sentinel and first stonesword boss.
I cheated as I found the cheap quick level up spot and became OP quickly. I’m a huge FS fan and love all of the Souls games, this one was my favorite. I also loved BloodBorne.

Nothing wrong with the way you’re playing tho, I just prefer to be God like. Real life has kicked me around enough, can’t let my games do the same. 😊

Spoilers:

Everything clicked at 20hrs and level 25-30 for me. Beat Margit on my second attempt with zero summons - did have the shackle. Uchi +3 still comes out for bosses. I’m dual wielding +2 spiked club and +2 morning star for most other things. Bleed feels so strong. The moment my Vigor hit 25 it was smooth sailing. I’m shocked I still only have base Endurance - 13 for Samurai. Beat a couple of night mini-bosses first try. It’s definitely growing on me as a game.

Spoilers:

Everything clicked at 20hrs and level 25-30 for me. Beat Margit on my second attempt with zero summons - did have the shackle. Uchi +3 still comes out for bosses. I’m dual wielding +2 spiked club and +2 morning star for most other things. Bleed feels so strong. The moment my Vigor hit 25 it was smooth sailing. I’m shocked I still only have base Endurance - 13 for Samurai. Beat a couple of night mini-bosses first try. It’s definitely growing on me as a game.
Better than I. Without summons I’d still be slogging around on a few of the bosses lol. Bleed is OP for sure but I found myself loving the Moonveil and sticking with it majority of the time, when I wasn’t using cast magic.

So I just bought a PS5. I played Demon Souls which is available on PlayStation Plus. It was ok to me. Still worth getting Elden Ring for $50?

So I just bought a PS5. I played Demon Souls which is available on PlayStation Plus. It was ok to me. Still worth getting Elden Ring for $50?
I ended up liking Demon Souls. It was the first Souls game i stuck with for longer than an hour and actually ended up beating it. I think Elden Ring was a lot better than Demon Souls, though i never did beat it (i probably spent more time on it than Demon Souls though).

I cannot wait for the Shadow Of The Erdtree DLC. Over 400 hours into the game, level 299. Best game I’ve ever played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom