Elden Ring (1 Viewer)

So, this dude is ridiculously good at every game he touches….he often makes me wonder why i bother playing video games

I'm in a really weird place now. I've beaten most of the bosses, got most of the weapons, armors and talismans. I've grinded a little bit and I'm RL205. And I'm completely torn on what to do now, make a new character entirely or move on to NG+

I'm in a really weird place now. I've beaten most of the bosses, got most of the weapons, armors and talismans. I've grinded a little bit and I'm RL205. And I'm completely torn on what to do now, make a new character entirely or move on to NG+
Where I am too. Can’t make up my mind, and the draft has brought me back to Madden.

My stepson just got a platinum trophy for Elden Ring. He made 13 characters and beat the game with most of them, once on NG+. That’s dedication. Lol

Where I am too. Can’t make up my mind, and the draft has brought me back to Madden.

My stepson just got a platinum trophy for Elden Ring. He made 13 characters and beat the game with most of them, once on NG+. That’s dedication. Lol

Part of me wants to go for all six endings but that ain't happening lol. I like the idea of starting a new character and really focusing on a build but then I don't wanna go hunting down whatever weapon I decide to build around.

I also really like how I'm running now. Veteran's armor, Guardian's Swordspear with a lightning bolt ash of war and a Haligtree Greatshield. Super tanky, good damage, ranged options with my ash of war and incantations. Sometimes I swap over to the Sacred Relic Greatsword but the Swordspear does slightly more damage and it can be infused. Everything's +10 or +25.

Kinda wishing they'd included a boss gauntlet like in Sekiro.

Part of me wants to go for all six endings but that ain't happening lol. I like the idea of starting a new character and really focusing on a build but then I don't wanna go hunting down whatever weapon I decide to build around.

I also really like how I'm running now. Veteran's armor, Guardian's Swordspear with a lightning bolt ash of war and a Haligtree Greatshield. Super tanky, good damage, ranged options with my ash of war and incantations. Sometimes I swap over to the Sacred Relic Greatsword but the Swordspear does slightly more damage and it can be infused. Everything's +10 or +25.

Kinda wishing they'd included a boss gauntlet like in Sekiro.
Very nice,

I need to broaden my horizons as I stuck with the Moonveil almost exclusively lol. Even tho I have almost all of the major weapons…I’m a bore, creature of habit. 😂

I also need to pick Sekiro back up, barely gave that a chance and I hear good things .

Very nice,

I need to broaden my horizons as I stuck with the Moonveil almost exclusively lol. Even tho I have almost all of the major weapons…I’m a bore, creature of habit. 😂

I also need to pick Sekiro back up, barely gave that a chance and I hear good things .

If you wanna stick with a somewhat similar move set give Rivers of Blood a try for massive bleed potential. Hand of Malenia also enables some extreme health regen with Waterfowl Dance and the right talismans.

I really like the Swordspear because it's a halberd class with a move set very similar to a greatsword. I just wish it had a thrust attack so you could attack with your shield up. I'm thinking about leveling one of the heavy thrusting swords to try that out.

If you wanna stick with a somewhat similar move set give Rivers of Blood a try for massive bleed potential. Hand of Malenia also enables some extreme health regen with Waterfowl Dance and the right talismans.

I really like the Swordspear because it's a halberd class with a move set very similar to a greatsword. I just wish it had a thrust attack so you could attack with your shield up. I'm thinking about leveling one of the heavy thrusting swords to try that out.
I did use Rivers of Blood, a tad and enjoyed it. Noticed too that it was widely used by the players I’d summon to help with bosses.

Knight Flame sword is popular too, I used that a bit, may be mislabeling it.

Haven’t tried the other you mention, I will try that. I need to spend a few days trying them all, so dang many.

I finally broke down and bought this. 10hrs of gameplay later and I feel like I’ve done nothing. It feels like a BB and DS mix with the flask recharges. The horse and open world reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus. The crafting items are Skyrim-like. Combat feels faster paced than some DS games with more groups.

I picked Samurai but will make a quality build to try weapons. Battle axe range feels short. It’s tough to put away the Uchi and Flail.

I finally broke down and bought this. 10hrs of gameplay later and I feel like I’ve done nothing. It feels like a BB and DS mix with the flask recharges. The horse and open world reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus. The crafting items are Skyrim-like. Combat feels faster paced than some DS games with more groups.

I picked Samurai but will make a quality build to try weapons. Battle axe range feels short. It’s tough to put away the Uchi and Flail.
I can't tell if this is a positive or negative review.

I can't tell if this is a positive or negative review.

Spoilers: I’m 20 hrs in and I’m not sure I could write a review. It’s definitely an Elden Ring (ER) game and not DS or BB. This might be the easiest FS offering. The sneak mechanism, horse, summons on demand, and just skipping fights/areas trivializes some encounters. I’m a quality build with no spells/miracles/pyro and it still feels pretty easy. But then I run into an area that is clearly way beyond me (Crystal Cave trap in 2nd hour, bosses gates by imp knifes, etc.) and I’m one shot.

I want a map with some type of objective check off. I don’t need a God of War checklist, but some type of dungeon boss slain indicator would be nice. There is so much missable content for example NPCs showing up only after revisiting an area. I didn’t get the summoning bell until 15hrs in. The opacity of systems, non-linear world, and FS’s use of breakable NPC quests makes a blind play-through a real challenge.

I’m enjoying it, but it feels like a 200hr game. I think DS and BB stripped down storytelling is great for more linear gameplay. I was hoping ER would be more story driven and not just Grace pointing in directions.

Spoilers: I’m 20 hrs in and I’m not sure I could write a review. It’s definitely an Elden Ring (ER) game and not DS or BB. This might be the easiest FS offering. The sneak mechanism, horse, summons on demand, and just skipping fights/areas trivializes some encounters. I’m a quality build with no spells/miracles/pyro and it still feels pretty easy. But then I run into an area that is clearly way beyond me (Crystal Cave trap in 2nd hour, bosses gates by imp knifes, etc.) and I’m one shot.

I want a map with some type of objective check off. I don’t need a God of War checklist, but some type of dungeon boss slain indicator would be nice. There is so much missable content for example NPCs showing up only after revisiting an area. I didn’t get the summoning bell until 15hrs in. The opacity of systems, non-linear world, and FS’s use of breakable NPC quests makes a blind play-through a real challenge.

I’m enjoying it, but it feels like a 200hr game. I think DS and BB stripped down storytelling is great for more linear gameplay. I was hoping ER would be more story driven and not just Grace pointing in directions.
I’ll have to go back and look, think we spent about 300 hours in and missed plenty. Can’t wait for the DLC.

What's the best system for this? I'm reading pc is buggy?
Check out Digital Foundry on YouTube…i am certain they did several videos on Elden Ring’s performance on the different systems

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom