Detroit @ Saints Gameday Thread (1 Viewer)

Missing the point. If Jameis was great at execution he’d be your starting QB.

Take the ball out of his hands and put it in the hands of better pkayers ie KaMara/Taysom

Take pressure off the QB. This systen does the opposite in key moments and puts all the pressure on the QB
Winston had wide open easy throws and he missed both. I can’t even blame the play call because Olave was wide open both times.

Terrible play calling on that last Saints offensive series. Hill gets 4 on 1st down and you pull him and start passing. The running game was working.
And you had plenty of time so you weren’t worried about the clock. The calls made zero sense.

Missing the point. If Jameis was great at execution he’d be your starting QB.

Take the ball out of his hands and put it in the hands of better pkayers ie KaMara/Taysom

Take pressure off the QB. This systen does the opposite in key moments and puts all the pressure on the QB
This wasn’t on Winston. This was on the coaches. Winston should not have been in on 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 6. Those should have been run plays continuously with Hill to pick up the 1st down. That’s what cost the Saints their final chance at winning this game. Just bone headed decisions at the most crucial times of the game. Let’s see what stupid stuff DA will have to say after this one.

Winston had wide open easy throws and he missed both. I can’t even blame the play call because Olave was wide open both times.
Winston is who we know he is, so do the coaches, so why do the bring him in cold and ask him to throw. I could see if it was the beginning of the game.

I think Carmichael largely called a good game today. We had poor execution when it mattered at the end. Maybe you can fault Carmichael for not using Taysom there, I would agree with that, but we had open receivers and the balls were misplaced. I hear the “Winston was cold” point but he’s a back up QB that’s the nature of the position. Can’t miss a wide open receiver that’s sitting down in a zone, particularly your best receiver. The 4th and 6 one was a bit tougher of a throw and it didn’t help that Olave seemed to slip/be pulled down.

Having said all that I want DA gone and that means Carmichael will be gone by default so it is what it is. I don’t think you can blame today’s loss on Pete though.
Agree 100 💯 percent and that’s fair. Overall Pete called an ok game. Spots weren’t good but overall yes.

You being wrong doesn't seem to be challenging on this though. When you see the same thing, play after play, game after game, regardless of players, down and distance, etc; it's the coaching.
If I’m 3 feet from you and I toss you your keys and you drop them. is it because I’m cold and not warmed up Or did I not get enough coaching considering I’ve been tossing keys three feet for the last 30 years every day? This game isn’t played in the big picture. Its played one play at a time.

I think Carmichael largely called a good game today. We had poor execution when it mattered at the end. Maybe you can fault Carmichael for not using Taysom there, I would agree with that, but we had open receivers and the balls were misplaced. I hear the “Winston was cold” point but he’s a back up QB that’s the nature of the position. Can’t miss a wide open receiver that’s sitting down in a zone, particularly your best receiver. The 4th and 6 one was a bit tougher of a throw and it didn’t help that Olave seemed to slip/be pulled down.

Having said all that I want DA gone and that means Carmichael will be gone by default so it is what it is. I don’t think you can blame today’s loss on Pete though.
The pass blocking improved a lot after the 1st quarter and suddenly Carmichael looks passable. The o-line or o-line scheme, I think, is where we need to get a lot better to fix this offense.

I feel bad for the players. Which I shouldn’t they get paid regardless, but this team is talented, the bad coaching is killing them. The players have to know they are doomed with this coaching staff. Really I feel for the fans that spend money for this subpar coaching staff.

Really dude? This wasn’t on Winston. Those last 4 offensive plays should have been Hill. Especially after picking up 4 yards on first down. Blame DA and PC.
Winston missed on 3 consecutive throws. Period. Should he have been in there? NO. But he was and he whiffed.

Winston missed on 3 consecutive throws. Period. Should he have been in there? NO. But he was and he whiffed.
Right, exactly. is it his fault we lost? No way. But he wasn’t the reason we won either. To pretend it’s coaching is just over protecting a player that messed up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom