Bethesda's Starfield - P.C. and XBox Exclusive (1 Viewer)

wait? there is ANOTHER wave of negative reviews? Without giving any ad revenue to yalls favorite blogger... was it because of the replies they gave to steam reviews saying "They had fun on the moon. You should be having fun too" "Our game is great you just were playing poorly"
It rains on the moon on Starfield.

wait? there is ANOTHER wave of negative reviews? Without giving any ad revenue to yalls favorite blogger... was it because of the replies they gave to steam reviews saying "They had fun on the moon. You should be having fun too" "Our game is great you just were playing poorly"
The theory is (1) that it took a lot of people this long to finish it and find out that the later part of the story is meh and the end game/new game plus isn't really worth playing; (2) non-Bathesda and XBox Fan Boys are now playing; or (3) people are watching YouTubers trashing it for clicks and then giving it bad reviews. Tassi is a lot like Anita in that he loves all games and has spectacular hair.

Personally, I haven't played Starfield. I'd need to upgrade the gpu on my PC to meet recommended requirements (or play at less than recommended) or buy an XBox to play it, and I don't know that it is worth it at this point. I really like the idea of Elder Scrolls in space, but I don't think this is it. I may upgrade my gpu soon just for the hell of it and maybe by then they will add all the stuff people think is missing.

maybe by then they will add all the stuff people think is missing.
The modders are abandoning the game... only modders add that stuff. It is not in Bethesda's modus operandi to "add/fix missing stuff" They've always left that up to modders.

The modders are abandoning the game... only modders add that stuff. It is not in Bethesda's modus operandi to "add/fix missing stuff" They've always left that up to modders.
I don't do that modder bullshirt. I don't have the time or knowledge to know who is legit and who is trying to steal all my sheet off my PC. If Bethesda adds it great. If not, meh, I may end up checking it out when it goes on sale.

I do wonder if Bathesda won't get pressure from M$ to do more than usual to fix this XBox exclusive.

Last edited:
I don't do that modder bullshirt. I don't have the time or knowledge to know who is legit and who is trying to steal all my sheet off my PC.
Tell me you are old as dirt without telling me you are dirt. lol... No one is trying to steal your sheet through a titty mod... and the legit websites that host mods aren't being compromised like that.

The biggest concern is that they had a recent update that was an absolute joke. With the number of issues that the game has, it puts off the impression that BGS is either sadly undermanned or they just don’t care. I think that they made a “good enough game” and were expecting modders to do the heavy lifting. But the game just isn’t good enough and there are so many better options out there right now

The biggest concern is that they had a recent update that was an absolute joke. With the number of issues that the game has, it puts off the impression that BGS is either sadly undermanned or they just don’t care. I think that they made a “good enough game” and were expecting modders to do the heavy lifting. But the game just isn’t good enough and there are so many better options out there right now
They are probably 99% focused on ES6... and if ES6 is a dud, there is no more Bethesda.

Tell me you are old as dirt without telling me you are dirt. lol... No one is trying to steal your sheet through a titty mod... and the legit websites that host mods aren't being compromised like that.

I'm actually older than most dirt, but it has nothing to do with my age. I'm just not a PC nerd so I don't know which sites are legit and which aren't. I've owned this gaming PC for years and have barely used it for gaming. Still, I'm going to upgrade the gpu because I hear Minesweeper and Solitaire look amazing with a RTX 4090 running 350 FPS on a 360Hz monitor with a .5 millisecond response time.

I'm actually older than most dirt, but it has nothing to do with my age. I'm just not a PC nerd so I don't know which sites are legit and which aren't. I've owned this gaming PC for years and have barely used it for gaming. Still, I'm going to upgrade the gpu because I hear Minesweeper and Solitaire look amazing with a RTX 4090 running 350 FPS on a 360Hz monitor with a .5 millisecond response time.
Man…could you imagine the way those cards flip with high definition?

An interesting question from this article is whether the classic Bethesda RPG model is just so dated that Starfield can't really be fixed: "You can’t really just…change Bethesda’s dated character models and fixed view conversations that feel so ancient now.

This makes me wonder what they will do with Elder Scrolls 6. Will they continue with the same formula that made prior Elder Scrolls games so successful at the risk of making an outdated game? Or, will they try to revolutionize Elders Scrolls 6 and run the risk of annoying fans of the series?

Last edited:
Brah... people just want a good lore filled story with a huge open world to discover dungeons and encounter "random" events along your path from town to town. With books filled with the history of the land and the gods like ES has always been. ES has had its' own issues in the past, but the world was filled with so much to explore, people forgave any errors/bugs/questionable design choices. and the community of modders came together and fixed all the bugs, and polished that turd.... They polished it so well that 10 years later they took some of those mods and sold them dimwitted individuals incapable of modding their own games. Some of the mods of skyrim even came out as their own game.(Enderal) Some of the mods were just that and entirely new game inside of Skyrim... Even to go as far as remaking Morrowind and Oblivion within the Skyrim game as well as making co-op mods to allow for Multiplayer servers of Skyrim. Even if it feels dated I guarantee if the world is actually hand crafted and fun to explore, ES fans will "allow it" and the community will take that game and build some amazing things within it.

Brah... people just want a good lore filled story with a huge open world to discover dungeons and encounter "random" events along your path from town to town. With books filled with the history of the land and the gods like ES has always been. ES has had its' own issues in the past, but the world was filled with so much to explore, people forgave any errors/bugs/questionable design choices. and the community of modders came together and fixed all the bugs, and polished that turd.... They polished it so well that 10 years later they took some of those mods and sold them dimwitted individuals incapable of modding their own games. Some of the mods of skyrim even came out as their own game.(Enderal) Some of the mods were just that and entirely new game inside of Skyrim... Even to go as far as remaking Morrowind and Oblivion within the Skyrim game as well as making co-op mods to allow for Multiplayer servers of Skyrim. Even if it feels dated I guarantee if the world is actually hand crafted and fun to explore, ES fans will "allow it" and the community will take that game and build some amazing things within it.

Bethesda can't count on the vaunted army of nerd modders to fix/keep a game alive when they are owned by Microsoft who makes one of the big three consoles. Especially when it appears that having Bethesda games be XBox exclusives is how they plan to compete with PS exclusives. That's especially so since they will need to keep Call of Duty multi-platform for at least a few years to avoid the wrath of the SEC.

And, none of that is going to change the fact that people now expect a lot more from games than they did when Skyrim came out and Bethesda has now had major issues with both Fallout 76 and Starfield. People expect the quality of Baldur's Gate 3, God of War, and the latest version of Cyber Punk 77. And they will be trying to follow the release of GTA 6 which will no doubt be spectacular. Anything less from Bethesda with Elder Scrolls 6 will be disappointing.

My guess is Bethesda (and M$) pump everything into Elder Scrolls 6 and they update and revolutionize their gameplay. Which will, of course, make many PC nerds cry.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom