Bethesda's Starfield - P.C. and XBox Exclusive (1 Viewer)

everyone knew this was coming when M$ bought Bethesda

what's weird though is that Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop will be timed PS exclusives even though they are being published by Bethesda

everyone knew this was coming when M$ bought Bethesda

what's weird though is that Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop will be timed PS exclusives even though they are being published by Bethesda

I suspect those deals were done before M$ bought Bethesda. Frankly, M$ would be dumb to not make Bethesda games XBox/P.C. exclusives. Halo has lost it's shine and isn't a console seller anymore and Sony kicks their arse on exclusives for the Playstations. Bethesda is M$'s opportunity to have console sellers and great exclusive titles.

That is if M$ really cares to compete in the hardware market. It's possible that they really just want to focus on making money on software again and will be happy to just have the XBox run in a strong second place to the PS.

Last edited:
Waiting on buying the xbox until the next big bethesda game comes out. My hope is it coincides with whatever update they give the xbox in the next year or two

Waiting on buying the xbox until the next big bethesda game comes out. My hope is it coincides with whatever update they give the xbox in the next year or two

I just hope that when the next Bethesda game comes out, my P.C. is still good enough to run it. I built mine with an eye to making it so that I could upgrade the GPU but you never know when the tech will have a geometric increase and knock your tech out of relevance.

I really don't want to buy an XBox in this generation. I have too many XBones sitting around my house that I never use.

I suspect those deals were done before M$ bought Bethesda. Frankly, M$ would be dumb to not make Bethesda games XBox/P.C. exclusives. Halo has lost it's shine and isn't a console seller anymore and Sony kicks their arse on exclusives for the Playstations. Bethesda is M$'s opportunity to have console sellers and great exclusive titles.

That is if M$ really cares to compete in the hardware market. It's possible that they really just want to focus on making money on software again and will be happy to just have the XBox run in a strong second place to the PS.

yeah, those deals were already in place but it's still going to be weird to see it...

as for Starfield, i am sure it will be a decent enough game but i doubt it's going to be a system seller....it's probably going to just be Skyrim in space with laser guns

yeah, those deals were already in place but it's still going to be weird to see it...

as for Starfield, i am sure it will be a decent enough game but i doubt it's going to be a system seller....it's probably going to just be Skyrim in space with laser guns

Yeah, but what could be better that Skyrim in Space with laser guns?

Just saying that Bethesda usually makes very high quality detailed games (although I'm on the record as not liking the Fallout games).

Yeah, but what could be better that Skyrim in Space with laser guns?

Just saying that Bethesda usually makes very high quality detailed games (although I'm on the record as not liking the Fallout games).

Fallout is just Skyrim with guns in the post nuclear war apocalypse

Fallout is just Skyrim with guns in the post nuclear war apocalypse

We have talked about this before, but I could never get into the Fallout games. I'm not sure if it was the setting. But, I also found the combat kind of clunky and I felt that the side quests were just too much about going over there and killing 5 mutated lizard creatures. Plus, I think the setting meant that the visuals were just not great.

Where as I felt that Skyrim had decently compelling combat, at least when using magic or a giant hammer, and the visuals were pretty stunning. I also felt like the side quests were much more interesting and the story line was much better. Fallout just lacks that "epic" feel that Skyrim has.

It will likely sell me a new Xbox, or possibly several hundred bucks in PC upgrades.

Last edited:
I have chosen which console to get in each generation based on the exclusives but MS has a lot more making up to do than this to catch up for me. Fallout4 was a really good game until you got to the Institute but what a boring part that was. You got lost because it all looked the same and long boring dialogue - just terrible. I did a second play through and just stopped when I got to the Institute. And what they decided to do with 76 made me not even bother.

The Halo and Gears games were good but the sequels became very repetitive and lost the thunder. MS clearly recognizes the problem but this is just a start. They will need much more to compete for my attention.

Yeah, and I'll clarify, as long as Starfield isn't another flip off to their core base like Fallout 76.

I’m a huge Bethesda fan except for Fallout 76...meh. I love the Doom games, Dishonered, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, The Evil Within is spooky as hell...

Dishonored is one of my top 3 games of all time...it's a fantastic series minus the Death of the Outsider

and it was not made by Bethesda...Arkane Studios is the dev

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom