best available (1 Viewer)

Payton Wilson is somehow still available. Would love for us to trade next years 3rd and a day 3 pick for him with one of these final picks in the 3rd round

Guys like him are why I don't get too worked up about the late round picks because it usually comes down to stuff we don't know. Wilson, for instance, doesn't have an ACL in one of his knees. Clearly it's possible to play like that for some time, but it would likely really shorten his career and I would imagine make him vulnerable to all sorts of career ending injruies.

Only 3 WRs left that I would draft, Troy Franklin, Brendan Rice and DeVontez Walker.

Several good RBs left, but that would be a luxury we can’t afford since giving away picks to move up and possibly more to move up in the 4th.

We could definitely use the Punter from Iowa because our punter is horrid and he could help us flip the field. A starter.

Cedric Gray ILB, NC was projected 1st rd pick, runs 4.5 could be replacement for DD in the near future.

Jaiden Hicks, Washington State, we could use a big Safety that can run and hit.

I like the TE from Iowa All, whose injury history has lowered his draft grade.

Tanner Bortolini, Wisconsin, Guard had a good draft grade.

DTs cupboard has been emptied, maybe take a flyer on Leonard Taylor who had a great 2022 and dropped of last season for some reason.

Michael Pratt, Tulane is better than Kellen Mond and Nathan Peterman.

A few DEs left worth drafting.

My 2 cents.

I want that QB from Florida St

Guys like him are why I don't get too worked up about the late round picks because it usually comes down to stuff we don't know. Wilson, for instance, doesn't have an ACL in one of his knees. Clearly it's possible to play like that for some time, but it would likely really shorten his career and I would imagine make him vulnerable to all sorts of career ending injruies.
While it’s possible it could shorten his career, we saw Tyjae Spears with pretty much the same concern look very good as a rookie and someone like Hines Ward have a long successful career with the same concern in his knee. Difference is Payton Wilson is a much more talented player than Spears was. The Steelers got a steal even if he doesn’t have a long career. Great value at the end of the 3rd round.

While it’s possible it could shorten his career, we saw Tyjae Spears with pretty much the same concern look very good as a rookie and someone like Hines Ward have a long successful career with the same concern in his knee. Difference is Payton Wilson is a much more talented player than Spears was. The Steelers got a steal even if he doesn’t have a long career. Great value at the end of the 3rd round.

Maybe, but it all depends on what your doctors tell you about his medical. Regardless, it's likely why he fell. Spears had a good rookie year but who knows what the future holds and I'm not sure I'd say Wilson is much more talented than Spears.

I can certainly see teams that have been burned by medicals in the past passing on him. Maybe he works out and maybe he doesn't. Plus, I think he's likely a better scheme fit in Pittsburgh than most places.

Anyway, my point was that there are all kinds of things teams know about these players that we don't know and that's why I don't get worked up about the Saints not taking X player that I like, especially in late rounds. They have much more info than I or anyone else here has.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom