5 Years for Molesting 2 Children??? (1 Viewer)

Baseball stats was a big one as was the Civil War strategy game whose name escapes me.

*it might have just been a war strategy game, in general... It's been a while.*
Yep, it was baseball. That's how we became acquaintances.

He knew so many stats off the top of his head - it was crazy.

Yep, it was baseball. That's how we became acquaintances.

He knew so many stats off the top of his head - it was crazy.
He was really popular at St. Peter Parish and everywhere he went. There was talk of him being named a bishop at one point. He was very traditional in his theology, said Mass in Latin when he could, and wanted the Church to return to it. He did our marriage prep, giving us a book encouraging us to live a very traditional marriage (wife stays home, man goes to work, etc).

Baseball stats was a big one as was the Civil War strategy game whose name escapes me.

*it might have just been a war strategy game, in general... It's been a while.*
Axis and Allies

One of my close friend’s mom was very close to him and he was always around my friends house. I had no real interactions with him, which I’m very happy about now.

One thing to keep in mind that there are plenty of people who have these 'urges' through no fault of their own who never act on them. That has to be complete hell...having those feelings but being a good enough person to know it's wrong but living with that embarrassment and shame. I was trying to research more about it, but the fact is that we know frighteningly little about the how and why this happens (other than the consensus seems to point to the 'attraction' to minors is genetic and those that are abused at a young age have a far greater chance of acting on those urges)

"Keller sentenced Wattigny to 15 years on each count, with the sentences to run concurrently. However, Keller suspended 10 years of each sentence. Wattigny will serve five years with five years' probation and must also register as a sex offender."

Unbelievable.

• Judge Keller is a member of Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, Our Lady of the
    Lake Men’s Club and the Knights of Columbus.
I'm late to this thread. This is just hard to stomach. Sentenced to two 15 year sentences, then knock both down to 5 and serve them concurrently? What the hell? That's just a travesty of justice. I can't wrap my mind around that.

One thing to keep in mind that there are plenty of people who have these 'urges' through no fault of their own who never act on them. That has to be complete hell...having those feelings but being a good enough person to know it's wrong but living with that embarrassment and shame. I was trying to research more about it, but the fact is that we know frighteningly little about the how and why this happens (other than the consensus seems to point to the 'attraction' to minors is genetic and those that are abused at a young age have a far greater chance of acting on those urges)
I've never thought about people who haven't acted on those urges. I have heard about the genetics thing but yeah, I don't know a whole lot about it other than Law & Order: SVU. But no doubt, he'll indeed. That's such a tough topic. Hell indeed.

"Keller sentenced Wattigny to 15 years on each count, with the sentences to run concurrently. However, Keller suspended 10 years of each sentence. Wattigny will serve five years with five years' probation and must also register as a sex offender."

Unbelievable.

• Judge Keller is a member of Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, Our Lady of the
    Lake Men’s Club and the Knights of Columbus.
I knew a guy who did this with multiple kids and did five years, twice in Iowa and then again in Missouri. It's ridiculous. This sentencing seems to be common in many states.

Are there cases where this has been carried out so far? In this case he'll be long dead before he ever gets castrated.
I dunno and I kinda don't wanna Google it

Are there cases where this has been carried out so far? In this case he'll be long dead before he ever gets castrated.
I also wonder if it even matters. You can still do these awful things castrated or not. It’s not necessarily about the physical act with these people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom