5 Years for Molesting 2 Children??? (1 Viewer)

The same judge gave a harsher sentence for a lesser offense.

"Meanwhile, the statement from the victim who was not present alluded to how Keller recently gave 10 years in prison to a man who admitted to possessing and trading imagery depicting child abuse but was not accused of directly molesting a minor."

Bad enough when sentencing is too lax....but this is a clear case of bias. That judge needs to be off the bench

The same judge gave a harsher sentence for a lesser offense.

"Meanwhile, the statement from the victim who was not present alluded to how Keller recently gave 10 years in prison to a man who admitted to possessing and trading imagery depicting child abuse but was not accused of directly molesting a minor."

Definitely would have been good to know in the first article. Much better written. I wonder if the judge gave any statement on why he went so lenient because I see no valid excuse for it. I really wish one of the victims would have been able to address the court street sentencing, but I totally understand why they didn't.

I knew a guy who molested five kids. He got convicted. Did five years. Molested, at least, two more kids. Did another five years. Moved to a different state to avoid the three strikes penalty and did it again. Guess how long... Five years. I lost track after that.
The fun part about your story is the 72% chance he created more abusers

(by fun I mean not fun)

eta: sorry don’t know where i ‘remembered’ that stat
Seemingly it’s 30-40%
Still…

To me I don’t know how society doesn’t solve this. I personally would vote not guilty every single time if I were on a jury and the father had extracted his own revenge. I get we are not a nation of vigilantes but if our courts aren’t going to protect our children then who steps up? Personally I know how I would handle it if it were my children.

To me I don’t know how society doesn’t solve this. I personally would vote not guilty every single time if I were on a jury and the father had extracted his own revenge. I get we are not a nation of vigilantes but if our courts aren’t going to protect our children then who steps up? Personally I know how I would handle it if it were my children.
The problem with that is you will have dads exacting revenge without someone actually being proven to be guilty.

YYeah
Definitely would have been good to know in the first article. Much better written. I wonder if the judge gave any statement on why he went so lenient because I see no valid excuse for it. I really wish one of the victims would have been able to address the court street sentencing, but I totally understand why they didn't.
yeah, local news seems to be covering this begrudgingly, at best. Is that because the Bensons own it and are close to the archdiocese? Maybe.

He officiated my wedding. I went to him for Confession almost exclusively when I was 18. Believe me, I think back to that a lot.
That would definitely weigh heavy on me as well....I am sure you shared things that you weren't proud of and now you have the knowledge that this is a man you would never associate with, much less share examples of when you weren't at your best

He officiated my wedding. I went to him for Confession almost exclusively when I was 18. Believe me, I think back to that a lot.
Did you know him well enough to know what his big hobby/passion was?

You don't need to say what it was (unless you want to, and it's not bad), but I'm curious if he kept it up after high school. He was really big into it at the time, so I assume he did.

Did you know him well enough to know what his big hobby/passion was?

You don't need to say what it was (unless you want to, and it's not bad), but I'm curious if he kept it up after high school. He was really big into it at the time, so I assume he did.
Baseball stats was a big one as was the Civil War strategy game whose name escapes me.

*it might have just been a war strategy game, in general... It's been a while.*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom