2024 NFL DRAFT (1 Viewer)

I think they trade up to 10 with the Jets and take Alt.

It costs 14 and 45 but the Saints get 72 from the Jets.

This was more or less speculation from Underhill, but it sounds exactly like what the Saints would do.

They make a move for Alt. If they can't they take the Tackle they like the most at 14. Unless Bowers is there. Don't rule out Verse either. Dallas Turner could fall but is he a scheme fit? Don't rule out DT, or Secondary. Or QB or WR. They feel really good about this cloud of players at 14 so it's not going surprise me at all when they draft one of them.

Word is that the Saints really like Turner and he would be an option at 14. So I assume DA either thinks he is a scheme fit or is willing to alter the scheme for him.

Word is that the Saints really like Turner and he would be an option at 14. So I assume DA either thinks he is a scheme fit or is willing to alter the scheme for him.
That's encouraging. After having success with Ellis and then Baun maybe he's figured something out. Keep it simple for Turner early on. Move him around and tell him to get to the QB by any means necessary. Don't try to turn him into a Mike or a Will. Just let him do what he does.

That's encouraging. After having success with Ellis and then Baun maybe he's figured something out. Keep it simple for Turner early on. Move him around and tell him to get to the QB by any means necessary. Don't try to turn him into a Mike or a Will. Just let him do what he does.

I think Underhill mentioned earlier in the year that the Saints had lowered their prototype of DEs because they wanted to add some more speed at DE to run down the wave of mobile QBs in the NFL. But I think that just means they will look at guys more in the 6'4" 260-270 lbs. range for the DE position where as before they really wanted 6'5" to 6' 6" and 270 - 280 Lbs. range.

I still doubt that they are going to put a sub 250 Lbs. guy on the line at DE on non-pure passing downs, but I think they see the utility in having guys like Baun and Ellis on the team to bring edge pressure on passing downs. I still can't see them spending a first on a guy Turner's size since he would only play likely 35% of snaps unless he learns to play actual LB, but apparently they like him.

I honestly think Alt, Fuaga, Latham & Olu will gone by 14. I also think Turner & Bowers will be gone too, leaving us w/our choice of EDGE, DT, CB/DB, tier 2 OTs & tier 2 WRs.

In this instance, i believe the best value will be on the D side of the ball. Big fans of both Murphy ll & Johnny Newton, & i really, REALLY, like Cooper Dejean a ton. But ultimately, after all these swings & misses at the position, i think we FINALLY select the right man for job & draft the best defender in this entire class…

…With the 14th pick of the 2024 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select:

LAIATU LATU, EDGE, UCLA

A player whose last name either begins with an "F" or ends in a vowel or has a hyphen or apostrophe in his name or a suffix designation.

I think my odds are pretty good with that criteria, but I could still be wrong.

My guess is we stay at 14 and take Fautanu, and that he is our starter at LG this year, eventually moving to one of the OT spots

Titians shock everyone at 7 and take JC Latham, OT, Alabama....

Saints trade up to 9 with the Bears and take Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame...

Boom!
Who are the Chargers drafting?
Maybe Denver will trade up to #4 and take J.J. and Harrison Jr falls to them

Who are the Chargers drafting?
Maybe Denver will trade up to #4 and take J.J. and Harrison Jr falls to them

I have the Chargers taking a WR... whichever of the top 3... not sure who they favor... but after losing KA and MW... I think they take a WR

I have the Chargers taking a WR... whichever of the top 3... not sure who they favor... but after losing KA and MW... I think they take a WR
I thinking they trade down with the Vikings, and take Latham/Fuaga and then BTJ/Adonai Mitchell with the picks.

I thinking they trade down with the Vikings, and take Latham/Fuaga and then BTJ/Adonai Mitchell with the picks.

If they trade down... possibly.... but would they trade down that far and chance not getting the OT they covet? It's all a guess... Not sure I see LAC passing on MHJr if he's available at their pick.

If they trade down... possibly.... but would they trade down that far and chance not getting the OT they covet? It's all a guess... Not sure I see LAC passing on MHJr if he's available at their pick.
Yeah, what happens at 4, 5, 6 with trades is where things will get interesting. I’m assuming MHJr goes #4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom