13 Players To Consider in Round 2 (1 Viewer)

Take a chance on Sweat

I would love to grab the guy that will play next to Bresee for the next 10 years

I think Sweat is a good player, but he's a pure NT and would only play like 30% of the snaps per year. I'd like a DT, but I'd rather Newton or Fiske because I think they will be more or less 3 down DTs and offer pressure of the middle next to Breese.

I would just rather not take a guy that is only ever going to play 30% or so of the plays per year in the 2nd round. I'd wait for later on that type of player.

Illinois DT Johnny Newton was a fringe top 20 guy on most analysts big boards. I hear that the top of round 2 will see a couple of WR drafted, it will be interesting to see how far Newton falls.

There's also some DBs that had a first round grade still available: Iowa Safety Cooper DeJean, and Bama CB Kool-aid McKinstry.

Several of the guys that looked like first half of the 2nd WRs went at the end of round 1 last night. That pushed some good defensive players down into the 2nd.

We should have a good shot at a good player at 45. The above list has 13 players that I would be good with at 45 and I'd also been happy with Fiske or Coleman at 45.

I'm not a huge fan of Coleman because I don't think he gets enough separation, but if the Saints think they can work on his route running to get more separation then I think he's a good fix for the big X/contested catch/YAC pass catcher that the need. The only other option they have for that is Juan Johnson who I'm not sold on yet.

We should have a good shot at a good player at 45. The above list has 13 players that I would be good with at 45 and I'd also been happy with Fiske or Coleman at 45.

I'm not a huge fan of Coleman because I don't think he gets enough separation, but if the Saints think they can work on his route running to get more separation then I think he's a good fix for the big X/contested catch/YAC pass catcher that the need. The only other option they have for that is Juan Johnson who I'm not sold on yet.
Coleman is such a difficult read. His 40 was a major red flag because there’s bouts of non-separation on film where he seems content to make the contested catches on the deep balls, but then he exceeded 20mph on the gauntlet without a drop. I think he is a football player and a WR, but not an athlete. I comped him to Alshon Jeffrey. He could be a true 1, or he could be N’Keal Harry. I really don’t know.

Gonna have to pass on Sweat was so high on him but don't want a guy who can't handle is drinking especially living in Louisiana..... rather skip the headaches....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom