NFL Draft With the 14th pick in this yrs draft, the Saints select Oluyiwa Fashanu - OT Penn St. (1 Viewer)

It would be unpopular to some but I’d take JJ McCarthy. McCarthy is a lot better than what people think. Knowing the kid, I’d personally put him only behind Caleb and Jayden. He played in a run-heavy offense but when we scouted him you could see all the mesmerizing abilities coveted these days, including the ability to make off-platform throws. He makes great decisions and his ball placement is right there with Jayden’s. I think he would excel in Klint’s offense, especially because of his quick decision making, mobility, and ability to make every throw. He’s going to be better than folks think and he has some Burrow in his game.

This is what I'm hanging my hat on as well. If they just stay put they are going to get a ball player at one of our many positions of need. We're in a good spot. I figured we would finish juts outside of the blue chip range but this draft is deep.

Just don't get cute. Let the draft come to you. Take the best player you can every single time you're on the clock. To me that's the only way to restock this roster with talent. We're no longer one player away (if that was ever true). Wee need speed and depth. And hell, lol we need starters! I'm hoping our comp picks are good. That will help.
Does anyone think DA has any power to ask to drop back out stay put Loomis wants to sell the farm to move up?

Fashanu, Bowers, Latu, Fuaga, DeJean. In that order. One of them will be there

As of now, according to the draft analysts/experts, Olu wil be long gone by 14. Plus, this class is LOADED w/OL/OT talent. I think this will allow us to go BPA at 14. Latu, Dallas Turner, Verse, Bower, & one of those WRs may fall to us. But in my opinion, i think Cooper Dejean could be the surprise pick at 14. I believe Lattimore’s gonna be traded & we’ll be in the market for another CB/DB.

Dejean is literally Jalen Ramsey. Dude plays every position in the secondary & is a super athlete. Dejean would solve the issues we had in the slot last year. He could line up at outside CB in a base formation, then move into the slot allowing Taylor to play outside in the Nickel & Dime.

Then we could address OL in RD2 where there will still be a bounty of talent. Kingsley Suamataia, Tyler Guyton, Patrick Paul, Graham Barton, Jordan Morgan & Troy Fautanu could be options in the 2nd if theyre still available. I believe a few of those guys will still be in play at 45. This is a deep, DEEP, OL class.
Thoughts on Cooper in the slot/STAR position?

If we end up trading Lattimore we could move Alontae back to his boundary corner position (really struggled in the slot) and that would allow Cooper to slide into that role.

Most teams try to utilize their best weapon in the slot anyway so it could be huge to have a shutdown guy there.

If we end up trading Lattimore we could move Alontae back to his boundary corner position (really struggled in the slot) and that would allow Cooper to slide into that role.

Most teams try to utilize their best weapon in the slot anyway so it could be huge to have a shutdown guy there.

He can play anywhere in the secondary, he'd be great in the slot, especially in his rookie year.

I watched a profile video about him and the Saints were mentioned as one of the teams that should be interested in him because he has the ability to play slot and either safety position.

I watched a profile video about him and the Saints were mentioned as one of the teams that should be interested in him because he has the ability to play slot and either safety position.
That's interesting. Walter Football has his player comp as CJ Gardner-Johnson.

He can play anywhere in the secondary, he'd be great in the slot, especially in his rookie year.

Exactly. & in addition to those points, i’ll add the fact that he’s a legit force in run support & probably the best tackling DB in the class. A must trait playing the slot/STAR position.

That's interesting. Walter Football has his player comp as CJ Gardner-Johnson.

Difference is Cooper can absolutely play boundary corner. If we draft him at 14 we're doing so with the intention he'll be our CB1 imo.

Last edited:
A lot of the offensive tackles that are available at 14 or later are right tackles, too. Saints have so many needs that choosing the BPA may fit our needs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom