Win the Wilderness. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Found this on NetFlix. It's the story about Duane Ose. On July 4th 1985, he walked 57 miles into the wilderness of Alaska and built a house. He's decided it was time to move out due to age and ran a contest to give it away to another couple to continue. There's some little contests based on Alaskan survival skills and whoever is evaluated as doing best gets a shot to go live at the 3 story log cabin he and his wife built. They do some chores around the house and talk about circumstances etc to try and make a decision.

I'm enjoying it as the story and video of Duane is one of those wow a person actually did that, but in an admiring way. The style isn't games show, it's documentary with old footage from the house construction mixed in and what seems like genuine people. IDK how they found them, but all are UK area finds. Seems to me they'd have done better going for survivalist groups, but we got policemen, aircraft engineers, accountants and (best I've seen) farmers.

I'll finish it because it's easy to watch with some fascinating story line mostly about real people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom