Why do people say we need a Right OT? (1 Viewer)

Penning is working with some OL guru. Someone posted who, but I forgot the name.
I just want the man to improve his technique and not let DEs get into his pads and get back to being the barely in control bar brawler he can be. I think people are feeling the same frustration as they did with Dav. We know the potential is there; he just HAS to put it all together or it's a waste.

Bro this is not fantasy, a dream like scenario, or fiction. The real world doesn't work like that. We are not going to just put Penning at LT to get our only QB killed. I hope you know there is no 2nd string QB this year, only 3rd string calibers behind Carr. So No, we resign Peat LT, Faliese LG, and hope RAM is ready to come back.
This makes absolutely zero sense.

Why do you think Consig doesn't understand that this is the most likely scenario? I think he's rightly pointing out that the strategy should be to choose a LT, and let Penning play RT, which seems to be more suited to his physical abilities. Penning doesn't seem to be quick enough to play LT, but he seems a natural for RT. If Ram manages to recover, he would be the better choice for LT, because he is more nimble. Now that we have Fuaga, the least we should do is let him compete for LT first, and then move him to another position only if he can't win the starting spot. Our best outcome will be that Ram wins the LT position because he does the best, and then we have to hope that either Fuaga or Penning can handle RT. Our 2nd best outcome is that either Fuaga or Penning does well at LT, and Ram continues to handle RT well. Whether the Saints do that or not is not the point. The point is that seems to make the most sense.
Penning can't play RT

Why do you think Consig doesn't understand that this is the most likely scenario? I think he's rightly pointing out that the strategy should be to choose a LT, and let Penning play RT, which seems to be more suited to his physical abilities. Penning doesn't seem to be quick enough to play LT, but he seems a natural for RT. If Ram manages to recover, he would be the better choice for LT, because he is more nimble. Now that we have Fuaga, the least we should do is let him compete for LT first, and then move him to another position only if he can't win the starting spot. Our best outcome will be that Ram wins the LT position because he does the best, and then we have to hope that either Fuaga or Penning can handle RT. Our 2nd best outcome is that either Fuaga or Penning does well at LT, and Ram continues to handle RT well. Whether the Saints do that or not is not the point. The point is that seems to make the most sense.
They tried him at right tackle for a spell last year and he was worse than he was at left tackle.

I think what we see is the new guy starting at right tackle and Ram used as a backup or sixth man Jumbo player. Save him until the end of the season or playoffs. He could always retire but I think the Saints would be fine with him as a backup for one year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom