What you watching? - Quarantine Edition (3 Viewers)

did anyone else watch "The New Look" on Apple??

story about Christian Dior....really fantastic show

Billy Joel special on CBS (!)
I recorded it and I am singing every word right along to Vienna right now. I've said often the night MY music died was August 27th, 1990; but the albums "Piano Man" and "The Stranger" were my teen years. Four and a half decades later, I can sing every word. Strangely, I've never seen him in concert and don't feel I've missed out. I really didn't know he's played once a month at MSG for the last 10 years.

I recorded it and I am singing every word right along to Vienna right now. I've said often the night MY music died was August 27th, 1990; but the albums "Piano Man" and "The Stranger" were my teen years. Four and a half decades later, I can sing every word. Strangely, I've never seen him in concert and don't feel I've missed out. I really didn't know he's played once a month at MSG for the last 10 years.

Buddy of mine saw Billy (w/Sting) last night in San Diego.. He said that Billy made a point to mention that Vienna (which is my favorite Billy song and my second favorite all-time song) was not a single that was released, or a hit song .. which Billy repeated on the special tonight.. Crazy that that song and another favorite of mine, Scenes/Italian Restaurant also was not a released single or hit on The Stranger and yet is now a staple he has to play … For a long time , he didnt play Vienna in concert but by the time i saw him circa 8 or 9 yrs ago it was something he often played, and thankfully he played it the night i saw him.. i have to say, his concert was a life highlight for me, probably in the Top Five nights of my life.. im not greedy; i know many people who’ve seen him multiple times; all i needed was once.. same with McCartney.. saw him when i was 19 from the fifth row on the floor of the Superdome, also a life highlight- but i got to see a Beatle perform live once, and im good .. same with Saints’ Super Bowls, actually .

I also loved what Jerry Seinfeld had to say on the special tonight, which is that “Billy Joel’s songs were like our best friends though our entire lives”..that’s exactly how i feel about his music .

I also loved what Jerry Seinfeld had to say on the special tonight, which is that “Billy Joel’s songs were like our best friends though our entire lives”..that’s exactly how i feel about his music .
Only difference for me is that I "learned" these songs while listening to the entire albums over and over and over WITH my BFF. I kinda feel bad for how many times in his life he's had to play these songs -- esp. Piano Man -- over and over and over.

Only difference for me is that I "learned" these songs while listening to the entire albums over and over and over WITH my BFF. I kinda feel bad for how many times in his life he's had to play these songs -- esp. Piano Man -- over and over and over.

I know you’re watching behind on dvr, and this isnt really a spoiler alert per se- but there’s a bit of a social media revolt tonight against CBS because nationwide they cut to local news in the middle of Piano Man at the end.. i dont need to hear Piano Man again so i was like whatever, but still it was a crappy move, esp after how they’ve built up this concert for weeks.. all because golf ran late earlier.. Christ, golf isnt even a sport, it’s a game.. but yeah, they let golf run late, then whatever stupid ‘Tracker’ show came on after golf ran in its entirety but freakin Billy Joel gets cut off ?? What a world .

I know you’re watching behind on dvr, and this isnt really a spoiler alert per se- but there’s a bit of a social media revolt tonight against CBS because nationwide they cut to local news in the middle of Piano Man at the end.. i dont need to hear Piano Man again so i was like whatever, but still it was a crappy move, esp after how they’ve built up this concert for weeks.. all because golf ran late earlier.. Christ, golf isnt even a sport, it’s a game.. but yeah, they let golf run late, then whatever stupid ‘Tracker’ show came on after golf ran in its entirety but freakin Billy Joel gets cut off ?? What a world .
Thanks for the heads up so I know to brace myself.

They're re-broadcasting it on April 19th.

They're re-broadcasting it on April 19th.

What a disaster.. and even though they are re-airing it, they are still leaving out about 10 songs that were cut from the actual performance that night, including Longest Time, Allentown and Every Little Thing She Does which he performed with Sting.. so CBS is still screwing us all over in a way by not airing those songs, because commercials .

If y'all aren't watching Shogun, y'all are missing out on one of the best recent shows to come out...

i watched the first 2 - it's good, but nothing is really dragging me in to watch another
i'll try another episode at some point

i watched the first 2 - it's good, but nothing is really dragging me in to watch another
i'll try another episode at some point
It definitely gets better. The last couple of episodes have been solid. I've enjoyed the show, even the first few episodes. Just waiting for the finale now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom