What browsers yall using? (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have traditionally been a chrome guy.

However this year with the addition of copilot ai giving me more contextual answers aa I search and the “Workspaces” feature, Microsoft Edge has won me over. I also like the “drop” feature where I can be looking at something on my phone and seamlessly send it or open it up on my desktop. I use edge for work and Firefox for casual browsing.

What about you?

Vivaldi. Customizable out the wazoo; built-in mail and feed reader, ad and tracker blocking (though I still use Adguard), and tab tiling. And Vivaldi had web panels years before Edge had it's sidebar.

But, if Vivaldi were to ever go belly up, I would switch to Edge.

I detest the near-monolopy that google has created. Also they're about to kill off third-party cookies, which at first might seem great... except the new system will replace them with a new solution under their control
As Recode pointed out last year, Google will still collect your first-party data — that is, what you do when you’re using its products, like YouTube and Search — and it will target ads to you based on it. That first-party data becomes even more valuable to advertisers as third-party data sources dry up.

(Then there is this recent settlement)

So I say no to all the chrome-based browsers (which most of them are based off these days - brave, vivaldi, edge etc) The only two main exceptions these days are firefox and apple's safari browser.

TLDR; I've been using firefox since before it was called firefox (essentially the spiritual successor to Netscape Navigator)

I detest the near-monolopy that google has created. Also they're about to kill off third-party cookies, which at first might seem great... except the new system will replace them with a new solution under their control

As Recode pointed out last year, Google will still collect your first-party data — that is, what you do when you’re using its products, like YouTube and Search — and it will target ads to you based on it. That first-party data becomes even more valuable to advertisers as third-party data sources dry up.

So I say no to all the chrome-based browsers (which most of them are based off these days - brave, vivaldi, edge etc) The only two main exceptions these days are firefox and apple's safari browser.

TLDR; I've been using firefox since before it was called firefox (essentially the spiritual successor to Netscape Navigator)
Vivaldi blocks this, and the other data tracking Chrome does. And you are aware that Firefox gets a lot of its funding from Google, right?

Firefox

I've been using it since it was Phoenix...

I also use:

as my start page.

Vivaldi blocks this, and the other data tracking Chrome does. And you are aware that Firefox gets a lot of its funding from Google, right?

Firefox has a business relationship, to make google search the default search engine. Nothing else. The default browsing engine can be easily changed in a couple seconds.

Firefox

I've been using it since it was Phoenix...

I also use:

as my start page.

This ^

Also, I came across an alternative browser to Apple's Safari.

has a built-in ad block, no telemetry, and support for firefox and chrome extensions/plug-ins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom