What are you reading? (1 Viewer)

Finishing up Brave New World (re-reading, first read as a teenager) and then will go with something lighter.

Currently on a Hard Sci-Fi bender.

Just finished The Sparrow. Not great. A poor attempt at hard sci fi. Barely good enough to finish it.

In the middle of The Black Cloud. Better, fairly realistic, at least the human side so far. A classic.

Just bought Three Body Problem. Can't wait to start it.

FWIW, I thought

Book 1: pretty dull and difficult to understand
Book 2: Amazing - great build up, great hook
Book 3: pretty dull and rambling
Yeah Sparrow has
planet around Alpha Centari growing plans that we can eat cause they have the same DNA. That’s weak “hard” sci fi. And the Jesuit angle petered out.

Disappointed to hear 3BP is dull - I thought it was supposed to be good…

Just finishing up the third book in the "Take Them to the Stars" trilogy by Sylvain Neuvel. Definitely enjoyed all three books. Good, quick reads.

Finished up Cat's Cradle and The Making of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece and have moved on to the Star Trek Coda trilogy and I am now mostly through book one.
I can definitely recommend the Star Trek Coda series. Definitely different, definitely Star Trek.

Careful - it's a sad day when you finish the 9th.
I know it will be.
As a teen into my 20s, Joseph Conrad was my favourite author. It was a sad day when I read the last of his books because I knew I'd run out of new material of his to read. Sure, I can reread, but that's not the same.

wrapping up starter villain, by john scalzi, and looking for a new series to jump into. any new sci-fi recommendations?

wrapping up starter villain, by john scalzi, and looking for a new series to jump into. any new sci-fi recommendations?
How did you like it? I thought it was kind of fun, even though we all know how I feel about cats.
I have started the Atlas Six trilogy, pretty good so far...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom