NFL Draft We need a Nose Tackle (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And this is our guy, have to get him in the second round. Line up T’Vondre Sweat next to Bryan Bresee and we have a legit interior against the pass or run. Yeah I like Malcolm Roach and our other DTs but they have a ceiling that is not as high as Sweat.

We still need another DE since Cam is declining fast. We might be okay with who we have because Carl Granderson has taught me not to give up on guys so soon. Maybe Foskey emerges as a starter in late 2024 or 2025. Cam Jordan had one sack his rookie season and is pretty high on the all-time list.

In any case, I like T’Vondre as a second round pick.

And this is our guy, have to get him in the second round. Line up T’Vondre Sweat next to Bryan Bresee and we have a legit interior against the pass or run. Yeah I like Malcolm Roach and our other DTs but they have a ceiling that is not as high as Sweat.

We still need another DE since Cam is declining fast. We might be okay with who we have because Carl Granderson has taught me not to give up on guys so soon. Maybe Foskey emerges as a starter in late 2024 or 2025. Cam Jordan had one sack his rookie season and is pretty high on the all-time list.

Yes, I really like this guy. He's not much in the pass rush department, but he can push the pocket and free up DE's and linebackers for a blitz. This guy is a manster, 6'6"/345#. He would command a double team every time there was a passing down. He would definitely shore up our run defense, he is very good against the run.

I was going to start a new thread on an early look at what the Saints needs are in free agency and the draft for 2024. But you created the best venue to discuss this. These are our needs going into 2024: QB, TE, OL, NT. DE, LB. Not necessarily in that order. I'll come back with a list of players that could make this team elite on both sides of the ball.

Bruh if we pick another GD O lineman early

Priority #1: DT - Edge - LB - Safety (bonus points if we get a guy that can do all 3)

Priority #2: QB but if you go QB over 1...i wouldn't be mad (lol - like they give A :poop: about how nice feel)
I hear ya...we just need to draft the ones that are ready and not projects. The OL HAS to be addressed. So far we are missing on draft picks but you just have to keep bringing in bodies to compete until it is not a weakness. This team will never win anything without good OL play.

I hear ya...we just need to draft the ones that are ready and not projects. The OL HAS to be addressed. So far we are missing on draft picks but you just have to keep bringing in bodies to compete until it is not a weakness. This team will never win anything without good OL play.
Yep...and the small school stuff gotta go. You need to look at guys that did it week in/week out against top competition...doesn't have to be the absolute best guys but if you want to spend a 3rd-7th on Auburns LG to ACTUALLY end up playing LG...sure go for it.

But the days of drafting a LT from Middle Idaho A&M because his RAS scores are high and he bullied players from East Oregon Tech in the Hills Have Eyes Conference championship game - are gone

Yep...and the small school stuff gotta go. You need to look at guys that did it week in/week out against top competition...doesn't have to be the absolute best guys but if you want to spend a 3rd-7th on Auburns LG to ACTUALLY end up playing LG...sure go for it.

But the days of drafting a LT from Middle Idaho A&M because his RAS scores are high and he bullied players from East Oregon Tech in the Hills Have Eyes Conference championship game - are gone
They really need to stay away from the Senior Bowl. They act like they have to get 5 guys from there and then they pick the wrong ones.

Penning looked bad but he had “attitude”. I wanted Bernard Reihman who is playing well.

Foskey look terrible going up against Dawand Jones and looking like a piece of origami. Meanwhile Tuli Tuipulotu is doing much better.

Puka Nacua looked amazing at the SB and nobody could guard him but they didn’t even have him on the radar. Same with Tank Dell.

And our roster is too old we need to draft underclassmen.

I don't know that we play enoug base to warrant a top pick at NT, likely to play 5-10 snaps a game as a rookie. Unless we let Roach walk whom I like at 1tech DT as he's outplayed Saunders.

I don't know that we play enoug base to warrant a top pick at NT, likely to play 5-10 snaps a game as a rookie. Unless we let Roach walk whom I like at 1tech DT as he's outplayed Saunders.
We’ll see after these two Falcons games. Might need him for nickel packages in games like that.

We've honestly needed a nose tackle since we traded Malcom Brown to the Jaguars in 2021.

Curious why you used the term, nose tackle? Nose tackles are used in a 3-4 scheme and we don’t have the linebackers to run a 4-3 much less a 3-4
Nose tackles aren't exclusive to a 3-4 alignment, it simply references where the defensive tackle is lined up on the defensive front. If one of the DT's is directly head up with the center (0-tech) or on either shoulder of the center (1-tech) then he's the nose tackle regardless if there are 3 or 4 down linemen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom