NFL Draft USC WR Drake London getting early Draft buzz. (1 Viewer)

We will draft another guard or center…
I don't know why we do this to ourselves every offseason. We get all worked up watching highlight tapes of all of these awesome WRs. We fantasize about what it would be like to have such a weapon opposite Mike Thomas. We argue about which prospect fits the scheme better. Would a deep threat be better opposite MT or another sure handed possession type? Do we want a more polished, pro ready WR or the athletic freak with unlimited upside? Surely they understand that we have to draft a WR this year. Yeah they're definitely going to take advantage of this deep WR class. Maybe they'll double dip and draft two in the first 4 or 5 rounds!

Then the draft comes and our hearts are broken as they proceed to draft every position except WR. And then we try to convince ourselves that the UDFAs we picked up are diamonds in the rough and everything will be fine.

The icing on the cake is how we get to watch these young WRs become instant sensations. With our luck we'll finally draft a WR but he'll be Laquon Treadwell instead of D.K. Metcalf.

We have guys that can "win the jump ball" on our roster already. Go back and watch some of Lil Jordan's highlights from Texas that's all he did. We need a guy that can separate and win on his routes.

I don't know much about Drake London but if he can do more than just out-jump people I'd be all for the Saints taking him.
I was about to post the same thing after just watching that highlight reel. The two things that stood out to me most is that he's really good at contested balls and that most of his catches were contested balls. I'm fine with a player who isn't necessarily going to burn you downfield on any play, but we really need someone who doesn't have the DB constantly in his hip pocket. If he's not getting much separation in college, I worry it'll be much worse in the NFL.

We have guys that can "win the jump ball" on our roster already. Go back and watch some of Lil Jordan's highlights from Texas that's all he did. We need a guy that can separate and win on his routes.

I don't know much about Drake London but if he can do more than just out-jump people I'd be all for the Saints taking him.
He certainly can do more than just out jump. LJH is also just plain' slow. London has some twitch to his game. And he understands how to time his routes. He should be able to separate.

Well guy has some pretty impressive hands. How about that? We’ve had a few guys this year that we’re not always consistent catching the ball. I like what I’ve seen of London so far and am willing to bet he’s be an upgrade over almost everyone on WR core minus MT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom