N/S Trey Hendrickson and Tee Higgins are requesting a trade (1 Viewer)

Lost all respect for Hendrickson..... Definitely not looking for a ring...

Somewhere there's someone who thinks you're making a lot more than you're worth. I bet you'd disagree. And you'd be fully in your right to value yourself more than some random somebody commenting on your worth.

Lost all respect for Hendrickson..... Definitely not looking for a ring...

Most players are like this. These guys, 99% of them, are pretty much all independent contractors out to get paid. The NFL is a business venture, first and foremost. There are players in the league that don’t even LIKE football, but are great at it and want to be paid.

Sorry to break that to you.

Hendrickson is making 15M salary with no guaranteed money vs guys with 20M+ and several years of guaranteed salary. It’s about $ and security. Cincy probably told him they won’t renegotiate with 2 years left so asking for a trade (agent putting it out there) makes sense.

I wouldn't. Way too much money.

Once guys start contemplating retirement, they are done. Sure, he'll play and play well, but he's got one foot out the door with that comment. It's pretty common and I see it all the time in the military. Once people are retirement eligible and they start talking about it, they aren't the same anymore.

Once guys start contemplating retirement, they are done. Sure, he'll play and play well, but he's got one foot out the door with that comment. It's pretty common and I see it all the time in the military. Once people are retirement eligible and they start talking about it, they aren't the same anymore.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it has more to do with him flat-out not wanting to be on the Bengals anymore. And despite what people think, Burrow and the Bengals aren't much of a threat in the AFC barring flukey stuff happening during the season.

Chasing a pay day, actually.
(And good for him.)
I don't begrudge a person who wants to make more money, nothing wrong with that, but it gets to a point where how much is enough? He's turned into a very solid player, but he's already earned about $53 million in his NFL career and his current contract would pay him another $31 million in the next two years for a total career earnings of over $84 million. I know how much a million dollars is, I can easily comprehend $10 million, but $84 million is really starting to stretch things. The Bengals made a pretty solid commitment to him, he has two years left to that commitment. Trade him to a cellar dweller, do we qualify?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240424_191317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_191317_Chrome.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom