Three Weeks In- How Y’all Feel? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not just about the Breakers, but the USFL in general?
Except for Stallions games, the attendance is an issue, but from everything I’ve read, this was to be expected.
I do like the TV presentation, specifically how they’re basically using the same graphics package from the NFL. It really does look professional in my opinion. Plus it’s always nice hearing the NFL on FOX theme.

I think the overall play has been good, obviously it’s not NFL quality, but I’m more into this league than I was expected too at the beginning.

Same here. I'm plesantly surprised at my interest in watching. I hope it survives and can't wait until it spreads to more cities.

I'm enjoying it. The competition is pretty good in all the games I've seen. I must admit that I do forget that there's football on until the last moment, though.

I'm enjoying the product overall. I know the lack of crowds for non-Stallions games is a bad look, but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment. I just wish local NOLA media gave The Breakers more coverage.
They better strike a deal with 870 to broadcast the games

Another week in and I have to say, the Breakers/Gamblers ending is what will draw people in.

They even included the Adams TD on the Final Play show on WVUE last night as their play of the week. Baby steps, I guess.
I think if the USFL can get to Season Two with teams in their markets, you’ll see more coverage.

I think if the USFL can get to Season Two with teams in their markets, you’ll see more coverage.
Oh, I agree. But, why not give more promotion to a NOLA team that has games on your network? I know they aren't playing in the city this season, but it seems it would make sense to get locals familiar with the product.

Oh, I agree. But, why not give more promotion to a NOLA team that has games on your network? I know they aren't playing in the city this season, but it seems it would make sense to get locals familiar with the product.
I think there’s a few. Everyone has been spurned from previous spring leagues to get invested too early. Really, the only spring teams that grew fanbases from the start were San Antonio in the AAF, St. Louis in the XFL 2.0, and Birmingham to a degree in the USFL. All cities without pro teams.
And the other is that the Saints take up too much airtime even in the offseason. The Pelicans deal with this. It’s the middle of May and the Saints are still the leader on the rundown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom