There wolves in the city! Minnesota Timberwolves(17-4) @ New Orleans Pelicans (12-11) (1 Viewer)

Same. I haven't watched this much basketball since high school. And I wasn't exactly trying to follow the nuances of offense.

I enjoy the little things he points out so well.
Angles and position mean a whole lot and how you attack the defender to put them in a bad spot just with one step. Those nuances that some guys do so very well. And he isn't shy to call out silly plays or lazy play.

Pelicans are 1st with opponent 3pt attempt at 39.9

Pelicans have the 4th best defensive 3pt percentage at 34%.

I think a lot of it is because laws of averages of attempts
It also has a lot to do with our defense....Herb, Dyson, and Jose especially are masters of staying in front of guys trying to drive and our length clogs the passing lanes inside. It's impossible to guard everything and chucking 3s is just easier than trying to get inside on us. If they want to shoot high volume and hit low volume, it beats letting them inside where the shooting percentage is 55% or so

Since that Dallas win, we are top 10 in points allowed and top 10 in points scored. We are still 9-5 since that point through a brutal schedule. Nothing they can do to change the slow start (which had a lot to do with injuries and a new offensive system), but this is likely a top 5 team since then even with the schedule

It also has a lot to do with our defense....Herb, Dyson, and Jose especially are masters of staying in front of guys trying to drive and our length clogs the passing lanes inside. It's impossible to guard everything and chucking 3s is just easier than trying to get inside on us. If they want to shoot high volume and hit low volume, it beats letting them inside where the shooting percentage is 55% or so

Since that Dallas win, we are top 10 in points allowed and top 10 in points scored. We are still 9-5 since that point through a brutal schedule. Nothing they can do to change the slow start (which had a lot to do with injuries and a new offensive system), but this is likely a top 5 team since then even with the schedule

I think a lot of is that we give too many free open looks and those open looks can swing momentum and get a team hot from deep. All it takes is 3 threes to completely swing a game

In fairness, It's just easier to create an open 3 than barreling your way into a crowded paint. Just more space to operate to create space and easier to pass in and out.

We do collapse in the paint a little too hard with or without a lead and overhelp coming from the corner 3 spot. Which is just bad. This is just fundamentals that you never leave corner 3s on an empty island unless it's a big.

This is how Colby White cooked us in Chicago.

I think a lot of is that we give too many free open looks and those open looks can swing momentum and get a team hot from deep. All it takes is 3 threes to completely swing a game

In fairness, It's just easier to create an open 3 than barreling your way into a crowded paint. Just more space to operate to create space and easier to pass in and out.

We do collapse in the paint a little too hard with or without a lead and overhelp coming from the corner 3 spot. Which is just bad. This is just fundamentals that you never leave corner 3s on an empty island unless it's a big.

This is how Colby White cooked us in Chicago.
I would definitely call that an issue with in-game adjustments. When a guy gets hot from 3, the best thing you can do is prevent him from even getting the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom