The NFL Rights Are Gonna Be For Sale Sooner Rather Than Later (2 Viewers)

I don’t quite follow. You protest the NFL instituting fees to pay to watch games by I’m not paying to watch games?

So either way you’re not paying, Right?

Isn’t that like going to your favorite restaurant (which has raised its prices) and you protest by ordering the same food items but then refusing to pay the additional costs afterwards?

Or, when the saints raise their ticket prices. Do you still insist that you should be allowed to go in and watch the game but not pay the additional ticket cost?

I mean, there’s a host of things that we all have to pay extra for now. From groceries to gasoline.

Your protest kind of sounds a lot like, well, stealing

I don’t quite follow. You protest the NFL instituting fees to pay to watch games by I’m not paying to watch games?

So either way you’re not paying, Right?

Isn’t that like going to your favorite restaurant (which has raised its prices) and you protest by ordering the same food items but then refusing to pay the additional costs afterwards?

Or, when the saints raise their ticket prices. Do you still insist that you should be allowed to go in and watch the game but not pay the additional ticket cost?

I mean, there’s a host of things that we all have to pay extra for now. From groceries to gasoline.

Your protest kind of sounds a lot like, well, stealing
I would agree if the NFL wasn't a multi billion dollar organization in which the owners are allowed to take tax payer money to build their stadiums not including the other avenues in which they benefit from corporate welfare.

I would agree if the NFL wasn't a multi billion dollar organization in which the owners are allowed to take tax payer money to build their stadiums not including the other avenues in which they benefit from corporate welfare.

1. Didn’t they grow to become multi billion dollar organizations because people have supported them all these years?

2. And who voted in the various state legislatures and governors, who gave them all the corporate welfare.

Look, I don’t watch the NFL anymore. I do occasionally listen to games while I am out and about working my shifts during the NFL season.

But ultimately, doing something wrong is doing something wrong. We can’t condone it just because we don’t like it.

The one thing that might make me stop watching NFL is if I have to have 7 different subscriptions to watch all the games. I mean heck even right now you already need NFLN, Prime and Peacock. Throw ESPN in for non cable folks.
I mean, it’s not just the NFL.
Everything is migrating to streaming.
Even when they advertise shows now, they emphasize the next day air over the actual time it airs on the channel.

I mean, it’s not just the NFL.
Everything is migrating to streaming.
Even when they advertise shows now, they emphasize the next day air over the actual time it airs on the channel.
It’s not just about it migrating to streaming. It’s the number of different streaming services I fear you’re going to need to watch the same product for one year. It would be like if a season of a certain TV show had 12 episodes and 10 were on Netflix, 1 was on peacock and 1 was on Hulu.

It’s not just about it migrating to streaming. It’s the number of different streaming services I fear you’re going to need to watch the same product for one year. It would be like if a season of a certain TV show had 12 episodes and 10 were on Netflix, 1 was on peacock and 1 was on Hulu.
But what would the alternative be? Ideally.
Because the broadcast/cable channels probably will not be around in a decade.

But what would the alternative be? Ideally.
Because the broadcast/cable channels probably will not be around in a decade.
I’m not complaining about it going to streaming. But it would be ideal for the consumer for one streaming service to have rights to all Monday, Thursday, Sunday NFL games.

I’m not complaining about it going to streaming. But it would be ideal for the consumer for one streaming service to have rights to all Monday, Thursday, Sunday NFL games.
I would like that too.
To me, my concern is where the NFC and AFC packages land.
Or, they just sell off the entire Sunday slat to one streamer.
Because if it’s one streamer, I can do that and catch the prime time games at a bar or Buffalo Wild Wings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom