NFL Draft The next Pierre Thomas could be in the 2024 Draft… (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
…and his name is Dylan Laube.

Laube is a RB out of New Hampshire, and he really reminds me of Pierre Thomas back when PT23 was at Illinois! Laube is excellent at running screens, and is an all around outstanding receiving threat (having lined up out wide and in the slot along with out of the backfield). He’s a tough runner for his size, and reads his blockers well and typically falls forward to finish.
He is also a dangerous returner, capable of taking it the distance… which he did multiple times with both kickoffs and punt returns.

He’s a gym rat and a student of the game. He’s probably more quick than fast, but he has enough speed to take it long. He’s the kind of kid you’d want your daughter to bring home… a real “lunch pail” type of player.

The Saints could use a young change-of-pace RB adept at catching the ball. Laube is projected to go on Day 3 of the draft, and would be a great get with one of those 3rd day picks or compensatory picks!

Can he turn nearly every screen pass into a thing of beauty like PT could? 😊

Actually, those screens were just as much of a result of having a then-young, athletic o-line doing the blocking and pulling. I’m still of the mind we need to address the line with starter-type talent, whether it be FA or the middle rounds of the draft. Evans and Nicks came from the middle and late rounds, for example.

I'm hoping we draft a RB more in the mold of Darren Sproles or Devone Achane. It would be refreshing to watch one of RBs rip off a 60-70 yard TD run. It's been a while.
You don’t even need a RB on the smaller side to get that. Look at Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker III
Those dudes can take it the distance. You just have to be willing to draft them in the 2nd round of drafts

Give.me Jalen Wright in the 5th. Dude has power and speed for the homerun everytime he touches the ball. That's the perfect addition to add to a backfield with AK and KM.
Jaylen reminds me more of PT with their flat footed running style. He’s a force to bring down. You think he last until the 5th?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom