The Last of Us Part 2 - SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

I just roll with the normal...the games are typically designed around that difficulty so you are playing as it was intended...

most harder difficulties just add HP to enemies and reduce player damage output....that often results in more frustrating gameplay instead of more difficulty

the way LO2 (and I think the first) handle it is a little different. Hard is similar to Normal but with scarcity of items. If you played stealth anyway then it won't be alot harder. If you fun and gun, it would be a lot harder due to lack of bullets. Survivor is way different. Even more scarcity but the key difference is awareness of enemies. You have to slow slow walk up on infected, clickers hear much better. And the biggest is humans. They have more peripheral vision. And if you hear the sound cue that you are getting in sight, if you don't hit the deck immediately you are spotted. You actually see them do a quick double take in your direction often. A couple of areas have more enemies as well. It will be interesting when I get to the bloater for Elie and the Hospital basement for Abby to see how that goes. Pretty much saving all bullets for that mess.

Im about to start the Ghost of Sushi tonight so hopefully I don't confuse myself with the controls if I'm doing both .

That’s just crazy. But I assume that once you walk out the door to the deck over the water, he comes back to life and attacks you? Surely they didn’t give it an alternate ending, right? And isn’t that just before Manny gets killed? How would the game go on if you don’t go through the other door and watch Manny get shot?

Oh yeah, they made a remaster of part 2 already….added a ‘rogue like survival mode’

Yay less Anthems and more Dave the Divers.....

That's all they do is remaster the same games over and over. The game didn't need a remaster.

maybe it didn't but i'm buying it for $10 to get the new rogue-like game mode

and i am pretty sure that ND is working on other games....supposedly a new IP and likely TLOU3

maybe it didn't but i'm buying it for $10 to get the new rogue-like game mode

and i am pretty sure that ND is working on other games....supposedly a new IP and likely TLOU3
The 10 dollar price isn't that bad if you are a fan of the game. It was still a bad look and a chicken move to fans to work on something for five years and then realize you can't or don't have resources to keep it going with Factions. Hopefully TLOU 3 will be better than 2 the gameplay in 2 was amazing the story was horrible.

Sony lost me as a lifelong customer when they announced they were going GAAS games. The games I am looking forward to are Ghosts of Tsushima 2,Wolverine and Death Stranding 2. Always did like Naughty Dog and Insomniac 2 top notch studios hopefully they put something out soon.

The 10 dollar price isn't that bad if you are a fan of the game. It was still a bad look and a chicken move to fans to work on something for five years and then realize you can't or don't have resources to keep it going with Factions. Hopefully TLOU 3 will be better than 2 the gameplay in 2 was amazing the story was horrible.

Sony lost me as a lifelong customer when they announced they were going GAAS games. The games I am looking forward to are Ghosts of Tsushima 2,Wolverine and Death Stranding 2. Always did like Naughty Dog and Insomniac 2 top notch studios hopefully they put something out soon.

Sony wasn't 'going GAAS'....they wanted to make games in the 'live service' area...they were always going to keep making single player bangers....

they had Bungie look at TLOU Factions and realized that you can't keep making great single player games if your devs are tied up in a live service...

it really looks like Sony was jumping on the GaaS train after it had already passed through town and they have recently walked back a lot of that nonsense

Sony wasn't 'going GAAS'....they wanted to make games in the 'live service' area...they were always going to keep making single player bangers....

they had Bungie look at TLOU Factions and realized that you can't keep making great single player games if your devs are tied up in a live service...

it really looks like Sony was jumping on the GaaS train after it had already passed through town and they have recently walked back a lot of that nonsense
Well having 12 games in production that are GAAS is pretty much switching your direction towards different crowd. I pretty much have switched to Xbox and won't buy another PlayStation console until they come up with some new ideas. I just find the Xbox ecosystem more favorable to my gaming tastes and my wallet likes it better.

Even though they did have Bungie come in and they then realized what it takes to make and maintain a live service game shows you they had no business even dipping their toe in that pool. I mean that's just common sense.

My biggest reason for switching was after GOW I just ran out games to play that interested me on that system.

Hopefully PlayStation rebounds because it has been a bad year for them overall. The last thing I want is Microsoft being the only game in town because they will stick it to the customers price wise in a heartbeat.

Yes, the best thing they could have done was not go the liver service route. Microsoft is so far ahead in that area unless they really hit on one (which is super hard to do) most fail.

Last edited:
Well having 12 games in production that are GAAS is pretty much switching your direction towards different crowd. I pretty much have switched to Xbox and won't buy another PlayStation console until they come up with some new ideas. I just find the Xbox ecosystem more favorable to my gaming tastes and my wallet likes it better.

Even though they did have Bungie come in and they then realized what it takes to make and maintain a live service game shows you they had no business even dipping their toe in that pool. I mean that's just common sense.

My biggest reason for switching was after GOW I just ran out games to play that interested me on that system.

Hopefully PlayStation rebounds because it has been a bad year for them overall. The last thing I want is Microsoft being the only game in town because they will stick it to the customers price wise in a heartbeat.

Yes, the best thing they could have done was not go the liver service route. Microsoft is so far ahead in that area unless they really hit on one (which is super hard to do) most fail.

you seem to think the plan was for Sony to only make live service games going forward...that was never the case and it's silly to even imply that....

also, i need to know about this live service juggernaut that Microsoft has going right now so i can try it out

also, i need to know about this live service juggernaut that Microsoft has going right now so i can try it out

That's what I was wondering... I assume its just game pass.

you seem to think the plan was for Sony to only make live service games going forward...that was never the case and it's silly to even imply that....

No they were going to take 60 percent of the revenue for games of service that's huge considering Sony always has massive budgets and long dev time on the single player games.

Jim Ryan even said that the fan base isn't enough to support the revenue output. Sony is exclusive not inclusive, so it depends on a very archaic business design. Most of their player base are casual gamers.

If I made it sound like they were going nothing but service then that is not what I intended but 60 percent of anything is huge. I personally don't think they were expecting to lose the COD revenue which funded a ton of stuff now they will be giving money to Microsoft for COD. Sony will money hat 3rd party exclusives if they can because that is their M.O.

Microsoft has been doing live service just with Halo and Mind craft for a while. Now they have COD, Diablo,World of Warcraft, Overwatch 2 and then you have mobile gaming like Candy Crush and all of King games.

One of the worst things that Sony does is that they don't put good games into their service.MLB The Show is and always has been in Gamepass but yet it is not in PS plus. Those are the little things that add up. Anyway doesn't matter we all have our preferences. My son and daughter both purchased PS5 console just recently. We have always had a Ps console in the house since the the ps1 I just personally lost interest in the same type of games over and over and over.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom