Question The day after a loss… (1 Viewer)

My expectations are so low right now games like yesterday doesn't phase me. Went on and enjoyed watching Falcons lose.
If I wasn't doing that I would be trying to think of long term fixes with this team, something I know can ruin a day as soon as I think cut/trade a player & see what the cap hit would be.

It's disappointing. We don't have any players that bring excitement except for a few younger guys like Adebo, Taylor, Bresee, Shaheed and of course Taysom. We may have found someone in AT Perry, but for a big WR he's gonna need to play big every play, not just sometimes. I'm not sure we have a complete WR on the team.

Listening to NFL Radio yesterday during the late games they were bouncing between radio calls and landed on the Lions radio. The guys were like "I see you Ben Johnson" for the OC after a great playcall. We don't have that.
The Saints d forcing three and outs late gave us enough chances to win. Drew Brees would’ve feasted and stole that game. As of course would, Tom Brady. I’m not blaming JW, just disappointed tbh. We dont have anyone capable of putting the team on their shoulders. And thats what we‘re seeing, a team that cannot win when given the chance. Im not convinced Carr would have either. There was a window that the Vikes gave us when they took their foot off the pedal and or our D started to get confident. But we assumed that if we didn’t score immediately that we wouldnt get another chance, when the fact was, we had multiple more chances. How do we not know these things?

I feel like DA is going to hand out participation trophies at the end of the year and say we played hard but we just have to get better!

Apathy. I was really looking for a strong showing going into the bye week so could be optimistic about the rest of the season.

As of now, I'm going with "Lowered Expectations" and now just focusing on us being able to beat up our division rivals. Hopefully Saints can reflect on this game film for 2 weeks and come out really mad vs the Falcons. If we can be the class of a crappy division, I'll take it. Running out of hope we can even compete against the upper echelon of the NFC

Feeling like the Saints even at their current best are just mediocre…..another loss that confirms our current coaching from the head man down just ain’t it.

I was so upset yesterday that I turned the TV off as soon as the game was over, and didn’t watch any other games like I normally do. I love this team but I’m so irritated with EVERYTHING about them at this point, especially the coaches. How ya’ll feeling?
I feel like we lost this game before we stepped on the field. Bad game plan by coaches. Our players had a bad game plan our coaches got out coached. Winston lifted our energy but coaching still killed the comeback.

Apathy. I was really looking for a strong showing going into the bye week so could be optimistic about the rest of the season.

As of now, I'm going with "Lowered Expectations" and now just focusing on us being able to beat up our division rivals. Hopefully Saints can reflect on this game film for 2 weeks and come out really mad vs the Falcons. If we can be the class of a crappy division, I'll take it. Running out of hope we can even compete against the upper echelon of the NFC
My post-season hope to make a run for it completely dissipated yesterday.

It's the difference between getting beat and beating yourself. If we're winning the battle in the trenches and lose the game, I stop watching football for the week.

There was nothing to inspire excitement about this game. I just turned it off, did other things, then had the pleasure of watching the Failclowns choke a few hours later.

This entire mini-era of Saints football doesn't get me super amped up or massively disappointed. I'm just mildly happy when we win, and meh when we lose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom