Star Wars upheaval? (1 Viewer)

Clone Wars does fill these blanks in. Or at least the turn to evil, I don't so much remember the romance.

But yea, I get "show, don't tell", but they didn't really do either in the movies
if the fecklessness of 2 into 3 is the only way we get Anakin's i'll take it

i also thought the series did a good job of showing a Romeo & Juliet recklessness to their relationship - mostly Anakin but even Padme were way too cavalier and indiscreet at times
series also let Padme be more than a costume rack

if the fecklessness of 2 into 3 is the only way we get Anakin's i'll take it

i also thought the series did a good job of showing a Romeo & Juliet recklessness to their relationship - mostly Anakin but even Padme were way too cavalier and indiscreet at times
series also let Padme be more than a costume rack
You said rack.

I realize that, but I don't think Luke would trivialize and basically dismiss Rey like that. It's totally out of character for him. Sure people change over time, and sometimes quite a bit, but I felt completely neutering Luke and giving off this don't give a sheet vibe just didn't make a lot of sense. Then a day or short time later he's suddenly willing to train Rey? It was a confusing mishmash of reasons why Luke got to the point he did.

Regardless, the whole movie just didn't fit in the overall saga. It dismisses every story arc in 7 with the exception of Rey, and even that was mangled. This was clearly Rian Johnson trying to make his own mark rather than continuing the story started in 7.
have you seen the movie Amadeus?
Salieri is portrayed as a someone who has given his self over to god asking god to make him the instrument of music so that he can celebrate god's love through music - he rises to the rank of court composer and assumes that god has favored him
then he meets Mozart, vulgar and venal, but also clearly favored by god with the actual gift Salieri had assumed was his
Salieri is humiliated and bewildered and eventually rebukes god

Salieri is portrayed as a someone who has given his self over to god asking god to make him the instrument of music so that he can celebrate god's love through music - he rises to the rank of court composer and assumes that god has favored him
then he meets Mozart, vulgar and venal, but also clearly favored by god with the actual gift Salieri had assumed was his
Yep, I've seen it. It's been a while. I get it, but just didn't make a lot of sense to me. I mean, I guess some people like it messy, but not so much for me.

Please don't try to compare Peter Schaffer's brilliant writing to the garbage writing of George Lucas, unless you're intending to show how well it was done by Schaffer one and how poorly by Lucas, which didn't seem to be your point.

Please don't try to compare Peter Schaffer's brilliant writing to the garbage writing of George Lucas, unless you're intending to show how well it was done by Schaffer one and how poorly by Lucas, which didn't seem to be your point.
Dave and Scorp were agog that a former faith practitioner at the top of his faith could wander so far from the faith

Amadeus opens with a young priest coming to Salieri to hear confession about his attempted suicide - i am drawing an analogy that the tale Salieri spins is akin to Luke tossing the lightsaber

usually i take exception to audiences not understanding the 'logic' of the actions of a traumatized character
but this time i was reminded of Amadeus instead

Dave and Scorp were agog that a former faith practitioner at the top of his faith could wander so far from the faith

Amadeus opens with a young priest coming to Salieri to hear confession about his attempted suicide - i am drawing an analogy that the tale Salieri spins is akin to Luke tossing the lightsaber

usually i take exception to audiences not understanding the 'logic' of the actions of a traumatized character
Ah, thought you were referring to the path of Anakin. Interesting that made you think of Salieri.

However, even more so then, please don't compare Rian Johnson to Peter Schaffer. Schaffer is one of the greatest playwrights of the 20th century while Johnson did a complete hack job on Star Wars, no matter what you may think of his other films.

1, I wasn't agog. Point b, obviously people can have a crisis of faith which leads me to numerical j, my problem as I stated before was that Rian turned Luke into a lil birch. Luke has that vision and almost kills Kylo but chickened out. Then he turned his back on everything like said lil birchy when he should've followed through and killed Kylo just like Mace Windu was gonna kill Palps. Had he done that, there would be no problem. Even Mark Hamill agrees with us(not the murder part, but that Luke wouldn't turn his back on everyone like that). The only good thing we got from Rian was the green milk from that weird 6 teeted sexual manatee. I want the butter!

For Pop-Tarts?
For crackers. Back in first grade I think, they had us make butter from milk and put it on crackers. It was the best I've ever had. Also, I want to make cheese out of it too. Weird green 6 teeted sexual manatee butter and cheese. The look on that creatures face as Luke was extracting its milk was insane. It almost makes me like the movie. ALMOST.

For crackers. Back in first grade I think, they had us make butter from milk and put it on crackers. It was the best I've ever had. Also, I want to make cheese out of it too. Weird green 6 teeted sexual manatee butter and cheese. The look on that creatures face as Luke was extracting its milk was insane. It almost makes me like the movie. ALMOST.
Do you still make your own butter?

1, I wasn't agog. Point b, obviously people can have a crisis of faith which leads me to numerical j, my problem as I stated before was that Rian turned Luke into a lil birch. Luke has that vision and almost kills Kylo but chickened out. Then he turned his back on everything like said lil birchy when he should've followed through and killed Kylo just like Mace Windu was gonna kill Palps. Had he done that, there would be no problem. Even Mark Hamill agrees with us(not the murder part, but that Luke wouldn't turn his back on everyone like that). The only good thing we got from Rian was the green milk from that weird 6 teeted sexual manatee. I want the butter!
That all sounds pretty agog-y

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom