Season Ticket Holders…. (1 Viewer)

I have an opportunity to buy season tickets directly in section 313, 337, 338. I live out-of-state and won't be able to attend all the games, so I would want to sell the tickets (seatgeek?). Based on 2023 re-sale prices, what do you think I can get for each game (set of 2 tickets)? I know it varies from the beginning to the end of the season.. Looking for some datapoints so that I can at least break-even.

Lucky if you get your money back. I’m out of town as well and miss a couple games a year. Also in the 300’s. Even when we’ve had a winning record I’ve taken a loss of 25-75% on games I’ve missed since Drew retired.

Preseason I just donate to vettix.org vs. selling them for $5-25.

Last edited:
Personally I hate seeing the saints lose but the one silver lining is people on the waitlist can possibly get their tickets. Even though I moved from Louisiana to New Mexico this year, I’m going try to get season tickets. Doubtful because I’m not even on the list at this point but now that I can afford them I would love to have 4 and I’ll never give them up once I have them.
You can get tickets this year. They tried to upgrade me and I was told that there are thousands of tickets available. According to the ticket agent the most her boss has ever seen. One more bad season with DA as coach and you will be able to pick where you want to sit. A good season won't send it into overdrive like some say unless we pull off a miracle and win the Super Bowl.

Lucky if you get your money back. I’m out of town as well and miss a couple games a year. Also in the 300’s. Even when we’ve had a winning record I’ve taken a loss of 25-75% on games I’ve missed since Drew retired.

You will not get you money back unless we have an unbelievable season. Maybe then you will break even.

I have an opportunity to buy season tickets directly in section 313, 337, 338. I live out-of-state and won't be able to attend all the games, so I would want to sell the tickets (seatgeek?). Based on 2023 re-sale prices, what do you think I can get for each game (set of 2 tickets)? I know it varies from the beginning to the end of the season.. Looking for some datapoints so that I can at least break-even.
50 yard line club loge seats? Those are the most expensive in the house. Great seats for sure, but don't expect to break even on them. Even during the heyday that would be tough when you factor in the preseason games.

The frustrating thing is all of smack that people talk about not selling to visiting fans, but when you list tickets locally nobody wants to pay anything. I've figured out that there are a lot of Saints fans that wait until kickoff when the ticket prices dive. They don't mind missing ten minutes of the game to get 75% off face value. Its the visiting fans who are in their seats 45 minutes early.

Hey guys- just got season tickets for the first time! Going to go to as many as we can- but I heard since we are new holders we can’t sell more than 1/3 the tickets?

Any truth to this!? Thanks!!!

The frustrating thing is all of smack that people talk about not selling to visiting fans, but when you list tickets locally nobody wants to pay anything. I've figured out that there are a lot of Saints fans that wait until kickoff when the ticket prices dive. They don't mind missing ten minutes of the game to get 75% off face value. Its the visiting fans who are in their seats 45 minutes early.
But that’s not a Saints issue. It’s a League wide issue.
The Cowboys always have a problem with a majority visiting fan portion in their stadium.

Yeah nobody wants to buy tickets at face value because you can get them cheaper on seat geek. But from my experience the visiting fans mostly want to be down by the field so they can be seen. Or they want the cheapest seats up top. I don't see many of them in my area. So it's a good bet that Saints fans buy the games I don't go to. But they aren't in high demand. The two games I missed last year were the Thursday night game against the Jags....and the Falcons. First Falcons game I've missed since I got my tickets in 2006. I think face value for mine is around $160. I got $130 for the Jags game and $75 for the Falcons game.

But that’s not a Saints issue. It’s a League wide issue.
The Cowboys always have a problem with a majority visiting fan portion in their stadium.

Yep. There will always be tickets available to every NFL game, someway somehow. And if you are in a destination city market, visiting team fans are unavoidable.

They want to travel, and will always find a way.

If you’re especially playing against the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, or 49ers, prepare to have your stadium taken over…always.

You won’t break even, unfortunately. I had seats in club section at the 30 yd line on Saints side and for games couldn’t attend they all sold for less than face value and one game went for 1/2 of face before it sold 5 minutes prior to kickoff - I also had a game that didn’t sell at all after lower prices to below 1/2 of face.

The days of buying season tickets and “recouping” costs on games you don’t attend left with Drew Brees.

I downgraded my seats this year back to the terrace because I can’t attend them all and don’t want to eat a bunch of money on games I can’t attend and not sell.

If you are only going to make a few games you’d save a ton by just buying them on the aftermarket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom