Saints will get smoked this weekend by Dobbs (1 Viewer)

Bagent caught the Saints by surprise. He hadn't shown much of any running in his starts. They changed it up against the Saints and it surprised our D. We adjusted at halftime and he had 10 yards rushing in the second half. And they shut him down in the passing game as well with 71 passing yards.

Dobbs has a lot of tape form Arizona that shows his tendencies. We'll fare better against him this week since he played extensively against the Falcons last week and there's abundance of film from his Arizona games.

You know those people at work that just have to have something to birch about? We all have lots to birch about at work, but the ones that birch about, like, not having blue pens when there are tons of black. This is those type of people but with Saints fans. Just use the black pens man CMON!

Bagent caught the Saints by surprise. He hadn't shown much of any running in his starts. They changed it up against the Saints and it surprised our D. We adjusted at halftime and he had 10 yards rushing in the second half. And they shut him down in the passing game as well with 71 passing yards.

Dobbs has a lot of tape form Arizona that shows his tendencies. We'll fare better against him this week since he played extensively against the Falcons last week and there's abundance of film from his Arizona games.
I think he had one scramble prior to our game, so yes, the film didn’t prepare us for what was coming. And DA is a good enough D coordinator to make the changes to stop it.

I think he had one scramble prior to our game, so yes, the film didn’t prepare us for what was coming. And DA is a good enough D coordinator to make the changes to stop it.
I’ll give DA credit in that I was pretty confident during the first half that he would be able to make an adjustment at halftime to fix the issues with containing Bagent. The issue I have is sometimes I wish he could make those adjustments prior to halftime, but I’ll admit I have no idea what all goes into doing so.

Not sure how many of you look at the O'Line committee. They showed how Dobbs killed the failcons running and being mobile. We made Bagent look like Steve Young. If DA is able to stop him I will be surprised.

EXACTLY! I was at the game, so I had a wide angle look at the play of the line and coverages. The Saints 100% changed things up at halftime. Their were actual "half time adjustments" that worked. The Defensive Line held their pass rush lanes and didn't over pursue from their rushing lanes. They had much better pass rush "lane discipline" in the second half. That allowed the Secondary, one of the best in the NFL, to do their job and cover receivers and shade coverage a little bit. The simple act of pass rush lane discipline led to turnovers by a QB who was not ready for an NFL Secondary as talented as the Saints. I think the Falcons Secondary is at least 10 spots worse than the Saints and maybe 20 spots. Pass Rush Lane Discipline is what they should be preaching all week to the Defensive Line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom