Saints @ Tampa Bay Gameday Thread (1 Viewer)

I wasn't complaining but I've never seen that happen before. They didn't even throw the flag on the actual play.
I know you're not. I'm right there with you. I've never seen it either. Felt like the NBA refs who "have to get it right" and stop play for a few minutes to review. The NFL refs have never done that and it just blows my mind.

I know you're not. I'm right there with you. I've never seen it either. Felt like the NBA refs who "have to get it right" and stop play for a few minutes to review. The NFL refs have never done that and it just blows my mind.
Scoring plays are reviewed. They reviewed the play to ensure everything was legal and found the receiver stepped out of bounds before catching the ball. Wiped out the reception.

They have done this in about 4 games today that I saw they are in major cover up mode

Scoring plays are reviewed. They reviewed the play to ensure everything was legal and found the receiver stepped out of bounds before catching the ball. Wiped out the reception.

I wasn't aware that penalties were subject to review, whether actually called or not, and therefore retroactive correction. I actually remember explicitly reading and hearing that they weren't subject to review multiple times.

I wasn't complaining but I've never seen that happen before. They didn't even throw the flag on the actual play.

Anything subject to replay review is looked at. That’s a penalty that is reviewable.

If it was outside of two minutes and not a scoring play, that’s something a coach can throw a red flag for.

Since this was a scoring play, it was subject to automatic review, and it got reviewed and corrected.

I wasn't aware that penalties were subject to review, whether actually called or not, and therefore retroactive correction. I actually remember explicitly reading and hearing that they weren't subject to review multiple times.

They’re generally not…but that specific one is.

A penalty wasn’t called, but because scoring plays are reviewed, replay was able to call the catch illegal because the receiver first stepped out of bounds before the catch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom