Saints Practice Facilities Renovations (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The article below by John Hendrix of Saints News Network on SI.Com outlines the details of the renovations to the Saints Practice Facilities and other information. There are a couple of videos embedded in the article. One of them is a short TikTok by @SecondandSaints on YouTube showing the current state of renovations and the other is a detailed explanation by Saints Team President Dennis Lauscha covering the history and timeline. Both are worthy of a look.

Excerpts Below:

The Saints practice facility renovations look to be completed by November 2024, but Team President Dennis Lauscha hopes it can be done by September.

Saints Practice Facility Renovations Highlights​

• Project cost is $12 million. The Saints have invested $250 million between this project and the Superdome renovations. Speaking of the Dome, the team's locker rooms will be doubled.
  • The renovations project was planned in 2019, which included the cafeteria. COVID and the price of steel prevented the team from starting earlier. The Pelicans are undergoing a similar renovation project as well.
  • There will be a new dining patio space installed, as well as an indoor viewing deck to observe practice on the second floor. There is also a new feature that allows the window to be tinted in case the Saints do not want anyone to view practice.
  • The cafeteria building is growing from 6,000 square feet to 14,000 square feet. That includes a kitchen that will go from 1,000 square feet to 4,000 square feet. The full-serviced kitchen will allow the team to help better cater to specific player needs.
  • New Orleans constructed a new draft war room and refurbished the weight room. The weight room includes a new office for Director of Sports Science Matt Rhea where he can meet with players one-on-one, and also has a built-in area for nutritionists to help facilitate player needs. There's also many new technological advances and enhancements.
  • The cafeteria building is growing from 6,000 square feet to 14,000 square feet. That includes a kitchen that will go from 1,000 square feet to 4,000 square feet.
  • There will be permanent bleachers for fans and areas that will help battle the heat for future training camps.

The team will most likely be holding OTAs and mandatory minicamp elsewhere due to the renovations, but the exact location is unknown. The Saints are supposed to remain local, however.
Full Article Below:

I am glad the team is doing everything possible to upgrade their facilities. This helps attract free agent. I remember the Super Dome having the smallest big screen in the NFL. It looks years for them to upgrade that.

John Sigler from Saiints Wire on USAToday.com May 12th, 2024 shares updates on Facility Renovations in the article below.

Excerpts:

LOOK: Saints share renderings, progress update on facility renovations​

Team president Dennis Lauscha spoke about the renovations in a Saturday press conference: “Over the course of the last couple of years, the construction going on at the Superdome, it’s roughly half a billion of which, we’re committing maybe $180 (million), maybe more than that. I’ll tell you our locker room in the Superdome, I think it’ll be the best in the National Football League when it’s done. It’s a large renovation that we’ve done. That’s on our nickel, the state’s not paying for that. We have invested probably $250 (million), I would say, over the last couple of years between the Superdome and what we’re doing here.”

So what’s been done already? And what are they planning to tackle next? Local media was given a tour of the facility and a presentation of the Saints’ construction plans, and here’s what we learned:

Full Article Below:

I am glad the team is doing everything possible to upgrade their facilities. This helps attract free agent.
The Saints will soon have one of the best all-around facilities in the league. The team may not want to acknowledge the negative grade they took for the players cafeteria and number of meals provided to the players as a motivation for improvement but it's certainly an area they are turning an F into an A.

I remember the Super Dome having the smallest big screen in the NFL. It looks years for them to upgrade that.
Yep. IMHO they could still do better.

From a nostalgia perspective but using the current technology available, I think it would be awesome if they would bring back the "Gondola" concept in hi-def and also improve the acoustic sound from the P.A. system.

The improvements to the Dome that were completed last year were a major change from old to new but were only about 50% complete. They may not all be 100% completed during the 2024 season but they will be before the Superbowl in 2025. From a players perspective doubling the size of the locker rooms with full updates should impress.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom